Baby Showers

Need to vent... bad...

Okay, so I am expecting my first baby in October. My mom is wanting to host a baby shower. Not a problem. I'd love that. HOWEVER, she thinks that she will do a bad job because she thinks the wedding shower she threw with my sister was a flop. That shower was 13 hours away (during the family reunion) so none of the bridal party, or my husband's family, nor our friends were invited. We(I) got tons of crap from everyone who didn't get invited. I tried to explain to them that it was not my fault, the shower was a surprise.

Because I expressed to my mother last week that people were upset with me, I wanted to know before hand of any shower and participate in the GUEST LIST ONLY. The wedding shower was actually really well done and I think they'd do a great job with a baby shower. I just wish the WHOLE family can be invited.

Am I asking too much?

photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need to vent... bad...

• I do think you're in the wrong here.  Showers (bridal and baby) are gifts given to you by the host, and though it's common to ask the guest of honor about a date and guest list, it really it at the host's discretion.  It was wrong of your fri

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How big is the WHOLE family?  And how extended are you talking?  You have to remember- this is your mom's event and she dictates budget and in turn, how many people she can invite.

Plus, it's a shower. Not a wedding.  If your fmail

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • i had a huge issue with the guest list for my bridal shower. Because of the fear of a large# of guest my bridesmaids took upon themselves to only invite certain people. I also had folks asking why they weren't invited. The ended up leaving off some ver

• image1026pumpkin:
    I do think you're in the wrong here. nbsp;Showers bridal and baby are gifts given to you by the host, and though it's
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"