January 2013 Moms

BF to FF

I am sure I'll be flamed for this

Just gave DS2 his 1st bottle of formula and to be honest, it felt great! Like a weight has been lifted! A big step toward the well being of my ENTIRE family!
It has been a long 10 weeks of BF'ing which I am nervous will not improve so I feel this transition is necessary to keep EVERYONE happy.
I could not BF DS1 and he is healthy, happy not with me right now! and very smart!
So I feel the 10 weeks that DS2 received of BM is a huge achievement for both of us!
Now he is sound asleep!

Re: BF to FF

• I think he is your baby and you can decide what you think is best for your family. I was unable to BF and I stopped pumping at 3 weeks...it was a relief when it happened. I should have probably stuck it out for another 3 weeks but it was the bes

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I don't think you'll get flamed at all... There's a good mix of BF and FF moms on this board. Like you said, you're making the best decision for yourself and baby, so good for you. And if you feel like a weight has been lifted then it sounds like the rig
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can understand your feeling. I am a FTM and breast feeding is a lot harder and time consuming than I thought it would be. I know it is the best for DD and we have no issues with it so I feel as though I have no reason to stop. I have high respect for mo
  • I EP and it's the hardest thing I've ever done. I would NEVER judge anyone for FF!! 10 weeks is longer than a lot of people make it!

BabyFruit Ticker

• You got to do what you got to do to make things work for you and your family. There have been times I have really wanted to stop bfing just bc of my mental state and how much easier it would be so I get it. You are feeding your baby and that is all that m
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I doubt you'll be flamed, gotta do what's best for you!!! Personally I love BFing and it would break my heart to stop but it's not for everyone!
    BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • I know how you feel!  Last week I decided to stop BF after three months.  At first I felt a sense of guilt but after a week of not BF, I definitely feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went 9 weeks of BF but needing to supplement.  I stopped because of going back to work and I got tired of supplementing too.  I cried for two days last week because of the guilt.  I've now come to realize it's better for both of us.
  • I had to switch from BF to FF after only 2.5 weeks because I couldn't produce milk, no matter what we tried, and DD kept losing weight. After 2 LC's, the doctor, trying to eat the right foods, herbal supplements, etc, we switched. My little girl is health
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No flames at all. I really enjoy breastfeeding but I'm pretty sure I'll experience similar emotions the last time I pump. I have a long way to go though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I'm in the process of transitioning DS from BF to FF, so definitely no flames from me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"