Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

What did your transition to one nap look like?

I think J might be moving toward one nap... She has napped fairly reliably at 10 am and 3 pm for the last five months or so, but in the last week has started falling asleep later and later and the nap has been shorter (we wake her up if she's still asleep at 5).

I guess I had thought this is what would happen with the morning nap - that it would get shorter and/or start later until she was taking one long nap a day around 12 or 1. 

How did your switch go? Did it all happen naturally, or at some point do you have to "help" the process?

FYI - she will be switching to the toddler room at daycare in June, so she'll be switching to one nap a day at that point if she hasn't done so on her own!

Thanks!

Re: What did your transition to one nap look like?

• DS sort of transitioned himself. He used to take a nap at 10am and another at 2 or 3pm. Now he just takes one nap at noon.
  • I guess this is what happend for us, too.  But we were lucky, because daycare kindof took care of it.  Wasn't a problem for us, though.

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Loading the player...
  • Daycare too! DS went into the toddler room a week after he turned 1 and they nap from 11:45-1:30ish. He was cranky a couple days and slept really well at night but after that it was smooth. Now on the weekends he goes to his crib at 11:45 and waits to be
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • We just did it this past weekend.  It went really smoothly.  He had been taking awhile to fall asleep for his afternoon nap for awhile.  He had previously napped at 1030 and 330.  So, I pushed his morning nap back to 12.  I though
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He started refusing his 10 am nap and then falling asleep at noon when I went to pick up my nephew from preschool. Eventually, I just kept him up until noon and put him down after lunch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO was older, 16m, when he transitioned to one nap but it was a similar thing. The morning nap was same at 9a, but he started taking the pm nap later or refusing it altogether. Which meant he was exhausted by bedtime. So we just gradually pushed the

imageimage
  • DD used to nap at 11 and 4.  Basically, once she stopped showing signs of being tired at 11, we would just continue playing.  When she'd start to get a little crabby around noon, I would switch gears and get us some lunch.  This would he

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We just followed DD's lead. She just didn't fall asleep when I put her down for her morning nap anymore. So, we started to take a 1:00pm nap instead. It was a little messy at first. Some days she still needed two naps...some days she needed one nap. Now s
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• My son transitioned into the "wobbler" room at 11 months (it's the transition room at his daycare).  The first day there he went from on-demand style napping that was ridiculously short to a single 2 hour nap at 12:30.

At home, he was still

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ah! The dreaded nap transitions!  4 to 3 then 3 to 2 then 2 to finally 1.  I don't miss trying to figure it out.  

With my daughter she started to lengthen her morning nap and that kept pushing her afternoon nap later and lat

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"