Childcare in the Downtown & Midtown areas — The Bump
Atlanta Babies

Childcare in the Downtown & Midtown areas

Hi all! I'm searching for daycare in the downtown or midtown areas of Atlanta. I'm due in June, so hopefully I haven't waited too late. I've checked out the newest Goddard School on Spring Street and Primrose of Midtown but they were both out of my price range (both around $1700 monthly!). If you know of any good centers, please let me know.. Thanks!!!

Re: Childcare in the Downtown & Midtown areas

• I've been looking here too definitely recommend you moving fast. I started looking in Feb for a desired November start date and a couple places told me I was already too late to reasonably hope for a spot in their center. Favorites on my list from refe
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oops, thumb slip and accidentally posted early. I was saying Goddard was most expensive and they have you bring a packed lunches for all ages. I wasn't impressed by that "deal", but their curriculum did sound intriguing.
  • Loading the player...
  • For full time infant care inside the city you will most likely pay $1200-1700/month unless your company has a special deal with the daycare. I would definitely start calling when we were looking a few years ago most places had pretty long wait lists espec
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • FYI - Bright Horizons has opened in the spot where FIO360 used to be at Atlantic Station.

And All Saints doesn't give priority to that many companies. When I was looking at them for PreK for Geneva, they weren't even offering priority to Cok

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemyrall:

And All Saints doesn't give priority to that many companies. When I was looking at them for PreK for Geneva, they were

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm definitely going to contact Bright Horizons @ GA Tech, thanks!! Do you mind telling which facility you used that only charged $200 per week?
  • I loved Primrose too but the $1700 price was just too much!! Thanks!
  • I didn't even think of preferred employer discounts...thanks so much!
  • imageSieannaM:
    I'm definitely going to contact Bright Horizons @ GA Tech, thanks!! Do you mind telling which facility you used that
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageDaisy22:
    imagemyrall:</stro
  • Have you checked a little further in, like in Virginia-Highland/ Morningside?  There is the Kids Kondo, Haygood, and the YWCA where my DD goes. When she was in the infant room it was $900 a month. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• FYI kids kondo and Haygood were two that told me in Feb they'd have no room in Nov. Haygood said for the fall that they only accept applications in January. I wasn't a fan of the small cramped quarters of kids kondo anyway. And you had to bring your ow
  • imageSieannaM:
    I'm definitely going to contact Bright Horizons @ GA Tech, thanks!! Do you mind telling which facility you used that
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our kids go to the Child Development Center of Central Presbyterian.  It's located downtown, across the street from the Capitol building.  We love it.  It's a small school so all of the teachers know my kids.  The facility is charmi

• I hadn't even thoguht about planning that far ahead. I am due in October and I uess I should start my research...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards