Health & Exercise

Ok crossfit ladies, need your advice

I just got my BFP this week yea! but I'm supposed to compete in the garage games in 3 weeks. I'd be 78 weeks. It's a team competition and we are in the scaled division so no heavy weights. Basically all the events are 10 minutes long and you trade off with your partner only one athlete working at a time. The only event that worries me is a 1500 m row followed by max burpees until the clock runs out 10 min total, about 4 min of burpees. I'm fast at burpees but I fully flop on my belly. Need to work on that technique!

Wdyt?

Re: Ok crossfit ladies, need your advice

• 7/8 not 78!
  • I run obstacle course races and my OB said during my prenatal appt that I could continue until 16 weeks. I was doing 10-12 mile races with military obstacles. I just wouldn't be able do any obstacles that involved electric shock (and crazily yes, there

BFP 9/1/12, EDD 5/11/13; heartbeat 9/24/12, heartbeat gone 10/2/12; D&E 10/5/12 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I did burpees to the ground, like full weight dropping to the floor, until 16 or 17 weeks. Once I started having trouble sleeping on my stomach I stopped doing things that had me on my stomach. I would say go for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You should be ok, but I would practice some burpee technique that might allow you to avoid belly flopping. Maybe knees to stomach.... I would just worry about the trauma to the stomach area. 

Good Luck to you, I am dropping out of the compet

• Hi ladies,
    This is my first post. I just had my first appointment and have questions due to the overwhelming concern my doctor gave me about Crossfit. as you know with serious crossfitters, it is normal..
    I Crossfit 5 days a week. I am real
  • Oh by the way, I am 8w5d.
  • I was a int'l level lifter when I got my BFP for DS...  Rules of thumb... Don't Train/Compete like a knucklehead!!  Whether you're PG or not, this holds true! 

You know what your body will/won't allow you to do.  I wouldn't r

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I worked on a more controlled burpee technique yesterday, it worked well just a little slower which is fine. Its hard to know what to do since most things you read/most OB's say if you did it before, you can do it when pregnant. But they also say don't ov
  • No I have not. But, I will!!! Thank you!! How did garage games go for you?
  • imagebethp75:
    No I have not. But, I will!!! Thank you!! How did garage games go for you?

They are in
  • I'm just about 9 weeks now. I'm finding that while I can lift/push myself just like I could before I was pregnant, I require more recovery. Plan to be really nice to yourself a few days after pushing really hard during that competition dont feel guilty a

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a crossfiter and I am 20 weeks. I am just starting to feel like I can't do as much over the last 2 weeks. At 7 to 8 weeks I had a lot of morning sickness so my workouts suffered due to that but I remember being surprised how much I could still do. Row
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"