Military Families

Getting to See a Doctor

Does anyone else have trouble being allowed to see an actual medical doctor (MD/DO) at their military OB/GYN clinic?  I understand I won't see one all the time, but I'm over 35, had some abnormal anatomy scan results, and have been having some other issues throughout the pregnancy.  I requested to see an actual doctor for my followup anatomy scan appointment (to see if the issues from the previous scan have changed at all) because I don't feel I'm getting enough information from the midwives I've been seeing.  They refuse to give me an appointment with an actual medical doctor.  I complained, and the head nurse is refusing to budge.  Am I being unreasonable?  Is there anything I can do about this?  I'm active duty so switching clinics/providers isn't an option.

Re: Getting to See a Doctor

• Have you spoken to the patient advocate instead of the head nurse?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That sounds really weird to me - both pregnancies, it's been harder to see a midwife than an OB. My first pregnancy, I wanted to see midwives, and it was always really hard to get an appointment because they had too many people who wanted to see the mi

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'll try the patient advocate although I'm sure that will make waves and I'll end up having to discuss it with my supervisor - which is what I was trying to avoid.  The reason the head nurse gave me is she feels I'm receiving adequate care and they d
  • imageCarnation77:
    I'll try the patient advocate although I'm sure that will make waves and I'll end up having to discuss it with my
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepanicked228:

imageCarnat
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"