Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Parents at the playground

I took DD to the playground today and at first we were the only ones there. About 15 minutes later 2 little girls (I'm guessing their ages were around 3 and 5) and their dad came over and the girls started climbing up to play. The older girl looked at DD and told me what a cute baby she was and was just kind of watching her play and talking a little bit to me. The dad (in a very annoyed tone) tells the girl to leave the baby alone and get out of her way. This continued the whole time they were playing...anytime either of the girls would be anywhere near DD he would start telling them to leave the baby alone but he seemed to be much harder on the older girl than the younger one. I told him twice not to worry and that they weren't bothering her at all and he just kind of ignored me so I just left it alone and didn't say anything else to him. I didn't want to push and "step on his toes" with his kids or anything but I was just really feeling bad for the older girl especially because of the way he kept speaking to her. And besides they really weren't bothering her at all...she was thrilled with the attention they were giving her!

Is there anything you would have done or said differently? Because it isn't the first time parents have been overly cautious of the way their kids act around DD...I understand for the most part their probably just being polite and making sure their kids aren't too rough around DD since she's younger/smaller. I guess I should be happy it's not the opposite extreme LOL I guess I just don't want people to feel uncomfortable just because DD is there. KWIM?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!

Re: Parents at the playground

• I don't have any real advice but wanted to say you're lucky b/c we were at the indoor play area at the mall the other day and there was a 5 year old there (his mom mentioned not having kindergarten that day), and he was WILD and climbing on stuff he sh

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think you reacted how I would react.  I'd insist the girls were completely fine and not bothering DD.  I may have even thrown in a comment about how well behaved or cute they were to ease his tension.  After that, it's not my business.

• Loading the player...
  • I think you handled it well.  I can't see that you could have done anything differently.  I had a similar incident a couple of days ago - we got 'dissed' at the pool.  LOL.

DS and I were the only two in the baby area.  Another

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• imageCheezeFace:

I think you handled it well.  I can't see that you could have done anything differently.  I had a simila

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This happened to us at a kiddy pool at a hotel, though it was a grandfather. He was really trying to reign her in and she was being super social with everyone including DS and me.

I actually assumed it was b/c he didn't want her talking to stran

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• I'd prefer someone reacting the way that dad did.  Usually I have to be on LO the whole time we're in any play area or he gets run over.  We were at the children's museum in the toddler area and a little girl that had to have been 5 or 6 kept gr

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• imageJennaNAaron:
    I'd prefer someone reacting the way that dad did.  Usually I have to be on LO the whole time we're in any pl
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"