Military Families

Germany limited resources??

Hi we are currently stationed in Kaiserslautern, Germany. We have two little girls and another baby on the way. Lately I have been feeling like our resources are limited for extra curricular/educational activities for the kids. It always seems there is a waiting list for the places on post... And the places off post are SO pricey. My kids have been stuck in the house all day, every day just watching tv. I don't know what to do to keep them stimulated, and it is overwhelming. I can tell that they are wanting to do more and I feel like a bad parent for not having more resources available. My questions are: 1 can anyone recommend some good places to take my kids during the day that I maybe don't know about?
2what are some indoor things I can be doing with them? Like certain art/science projects, etc.

I am still trying to get my German drivers license, so that is ANOTHER reason I feel options are limited. I will be so happy when I finally get that taken care of.

Re: Germany limited resources??

• Once you get off base and start traveling, it will get better.  There is so much to do over there, especially with spring coming. 

I was just lamenting that we have less to do, now that we are back in FL.  And other than gymnastics

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • This winter feels like it has lasted forever!  I understand feeling trapped inside.  But, try to embrace life in Germany and do as the Germans--get outside, despite the cold!  Just getting out, your kids hearing others speak German is go

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Why do you need to get a German driver license? I lived in Wiesbaden and when we were on post, we had to take a test and apply for a USAEUR license instead. You can drive in Germany with that. Some countries you need an international drivers license. <

• imagem i l l y:

Why do you need to get a German driver license? I lived in Wiesbaden and when we were on post, we had to take a tes

• I can honestly say that I do not think there are any less activities for young children over here (we are in the same area) than in the States.  In fact, I feel like we are almost too busy with activities.  Between preschool, swimming, soccer

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"