C-sections
Options

Post catheter pain?

Anyone know how long it is normal to have pain while urinating after catheter removal? Mine was removed a week ago; c section was 8 days ago. TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Post catheter pain?

• Options
    I was told to call my doctor if I was having pain while urinating after the first day.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    It stopped hurting for me around 2-3 weeks. Just drink a lot of water and go often :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ended up with a UTI after I got out of hospital. I'd call your doc just to be sure. 
  • Options
    Thanks; I will check with the dr. I had a uti right before birth but thought all the antibiotics I was given for GSB and the C section would wipe it out.

• Options
    Yikes I had none... ever... I would call. Good luck hope its ok.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Due to complications I had a catheter in for 2 weeks. When it was removed I didn't have any painful urinating it just felt weird and I didn't really have the sensation that I needed to go. I would say if you are having pain call the doc. UTI is very co
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    That is normal. Think about it, you just had a tube shoved in your pee hole, it was traumatized! Always going to happen.
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
This discussion has been closed.