Washington Babies
Options

bf question.. weird.

my mom is convinced that I should be 'roughing up' my nipples. anyone else think this sounds ridiculous? i can't prepare can I?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: bf question.. weird.

• Options
    imagesarack:
    my mom is convinced that I should be 'roughing up' my nipples. anyone else think this sounds ridiculous? i can't prepare ca
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep this is definitely outdated advice. You can thank your mom for supporting you in breastfeeding and go get some up to date info at a Breastfeeding class or La Leche League meeting. Classes cost about 35. Meetings are free.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No. Don't. ...old advice.

Plus, stimulating your nipples can cause early contractions/labor...and nothing except a suckling baby can really prep your nipples anyways. Let some milk air-dry on them after feedings (your milk has antibacterial qual

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    thanks ladies! this is what I was thinking. I appreciate all the responses and advice. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    A friend of mine said she started using lanolin a couple weeks before her baby was born to help get her nipples "in shape," but that's the opposite of "roughing them up" (which makes me cringe every time i read it!), and her baby was way late (induced at
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"