VBAC
Options

Did/does your so oppose a vbac?

Ever since my c-section with DD1, I've wanted a vbac.  The hospital we prefer, where I had my c-section, doesn't do vbacs.  H is really against me having a vbac, saying that he wants to go to that hospital because it's smaller, closer to family (only 30 min) and he likes the doctors/nurses.  I've tried to explain to him that attempting a vbac is very important to me and why.  I'm not sure what to do about it.
photo fb29a895-732c-493b-b5f1-15ac16bff5b5_zps53c7f13d.jpg BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Did/does your so oppose a vbac?

• Options
    He was slightly concerned about the risk, but in the end, was of the "it's your body, do what you need to feel at ease and comfortable". I'd keep talking about why the VBAC is important, and stress the problems of a c-section, but in the end I would pull
  • Options

DH doesn't generally offer opinions, so I really don't know how he feels. I've had enough time to research and think it over that I don't think he could convince me to change my mind. I'm pretty sure his silence on the matter means that he either knows

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think he was concerned but didn't oppose it - in fact he supported it b/c of all the benefits.  But then we had a very pro-vbac doctor at our local hospital.

After I'd decided to go for it and the doctor

• Options
    my DH prob prefers a c-section cause he's really worried about the rupture, but supports my decision and has totally gotten behind the VBAC. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    He's not concerned because of the risk or anything like that.  He just wants the convenience of a rcs. 
  • Options

imageLilyBean06:
    He's not concerned because of the risk or anything like that.  He just wants the convenience of a rcs. <
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    He was definately fearful and hesitant. Ultimately though, he supoprted my decision.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagenosoup4u:

imageLilyBean0
  • Options
    I think my husbamd would have preferred me to get another csection, just because he hates to see me in pain and the pain of labour is worse than the csection recovery. But he knew it was a "her body, her choice" decision and fully supported the hbac I pla
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DH was against it in the beginning, but soon realized there was no arguing with me.  So, he got educated, he came with me to an ICAN meeting, and we made some agreements about how it would happen (in a hospital).  By the time we were 7 months

• Options
    imageLilyBean06:
    imagenosoup4u:<
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    imageLilyBean06:
    imagenosoup4u:<
  • Options
    My DH was very supportive.  He trusted my instincts and decision making process, and I think he appreciated the fact that the VBAC was lower risk to me than an RCS.  He never was vocal about not supporting me and my decision.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    He was very supportive. He knew I did my homework, and then I became an L&D nurse 4 months before I delivered. We do VBACs at my hospital and I would tell him about them all the time.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He was nervous for a repeat of DD's birth. But he supported my decision and was thrilled when I got my vbac. He's a big believer now. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"