Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

drop in milk intake 7+ months

DS2 is still eating 28-30 oz per day (6 bottles, all breast milk).  DS2 is 7.5 months old.  By a month younger DS1 (formula) had dropped to 25-26 oz (5 bottles, all formula).  Anyone's LO drop breast milk intake between 8 and 9 months?  He is not eating a lot of solids yet (a couple ounces 2-3 times per day).  We're working on increasing that but he's been sick so we scaled back a little recently.  I'm dying to drop a pump session.  I pump 6 times per day, starting at 5:30 AM and finishing at 10:30ish PM, including 3 times at work (would LOVE for that to be only 2).  I found that kellymom link that mentions an average of 30 oz at 7 months, but then there is a huge gap before they report another average intake.  I know all kids are different.  Just looking for some hope about dropping a session.  ;-)  I'm on the MSPI diet so this whole experience hasn't been a big ball of fun.

Re: drop in milk intake 7+ months

• Options
    Yes. DS dropped his BM intake at about 8.5 months. I only nurse DS, though, no bottles. So I can't tell you how many ounces.

We do BLW, but DS really started eating just after 8 months. We do 3 meals a day now. At about 8.5 months DS went fro
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback!

I have been trying to edit my signature for weeks.  It will NOT change.  Deleted the 2nd ticker, see if it works...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, it won't update.  This is REALLY annoying!

• Options
    Totally happening to our LO right now and she's almost 8 months. We started Solids around 6 months and have gradually upped her to she has three bottles a day, 5oz, 6oz, 7oz with a breakfast of 4 tbsp solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But the past w
  • Options
    OK, thanks!  Shortly after posting this, it seemed like my LO is OK with 5 bottles per day (5-5.5 oz each time) -- usually.  He really won't drink more than 5 or 5.5 at one time.  We are trying to do 7 AM, 10:30ish AM, 1:30ish PM, 4:30 PM,

• Options
    Test

• Options
    Check signature

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"