January 2012 Moms
Options

Shots - how does your doc do it (if you do LOs shots)

When DD gets shots they have her legs dangling down from the table, the nurse then basically pinches them down with her legs and then does the shots quickly.

I see it done this way a lot, but I'm noticing that DD freaks out before the shots already as she hates the feeling of pinned down legs. So I was just wondering if your doc may have a different method that may work better for DD and I could suggest it/try it. It may or may not be any different but if there is a positiblity of making it more bearable for her, why not.

TIA! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shots - how does your doc do it (if you do LOs shots)

• Options

We do shots everyday so my girls are used to it but at the beginning we laid them down on the floor or on the bed and gave them a toy to play with of something to do to keep their minds off of the shot. Then we just did it when they weren't looking. HT

Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options
    Our office does it the same way when my son gets his shots. If me and hubby are both there then one holds the arms and the other legs, while the nurses do shots in both legs. He only cries for about a minute but I sure hate how stressed out he gets!
    **Freddy** BabyFetus Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSRK128:

We do shots everyday so my girls are used to it but at the beginning we laid them down on the floor or on the bed and

• Options

Thanks ladies!

DD gets so stressed out before the shots even come that she's beside herself during the shots process and a little while after :(

I'm usually the one holding her arms and comforting her while DH tries to distract her with

• Options
    At our doctor's office, they have me hold him in a great big hug and squeeze him tightly as they do the shots, then I'm there to comfort him as well. I like it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    imageNiki1665:
    At our doctor's office, they have me hold him in a great big hug and squeeze him tightly as they do the shots, then I'm t
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    Our doc has them lay on the table, but sideways, not long like you normally would. This gives the nurses easy access to both legs. I hold her arms/hands, then the nurses do both shots at the same time so it's over and bandaids are on before LO even realiz

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"