Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Talk to me about sleep training

You guys are probably sick of me complaining about how DD won't sleep but it's really stressing me out.  Basically she cries at bedtime.  She cries at naptime.  She cries when we set foot in her room and she thinks we are going to make her go to sleep. She is also the world's lightest sleeper.  I have not watched tv in like a month.  (Nashville, I miss you) We've tried sound machines, night lights.  I am starting to feel like my 13 mo old has the upper hand now and I dont like it.  So I am wondering if it is time for sleep training.  I attempted Ferber a few times but it was a fail.  She cries SO HARD and every time I go in it makes it so much worse.  She's cried so hard she's thrown up before.  So talk to me about sleep training.  Tell me about the best sleep training books you ever read.  Because it's not like I'm watching tv... 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg

Re: Talk to me about sleep training

• Options

My DS is 22 months old.  We started out co-sleeping (in a cosleeper), then we started sleep training him at 4 months, took a break and did it "for real" at around five months.  He still fusses and cries a bit before many naps and before going

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We used an online program. It's called sleep Sence. It comes with an online book and daily videos. I had tried previously to do CIO but I don't think any of us were ready for it at the time. There are two methods to try. One you stay in the room with y

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We used the sleep easy solution on both kiddies. DS was our horrific sleeper. We didn't sleep train until 18 months b/c i swore it would get better. Yeah, right! He had to be taught and it sucked but it was SO SO SO worth it. He was a happier kid (and

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

"Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" was my "go to" book for both children. It is a thick book but only because it thoroughly and scientifically explains the need to teach babies to sleep which is a concept that was completely foreign to me before havin

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

We just sleep trained with sleep lady shuffle in that book by Kim West. DS is also a super light sleeper and has had sleep problems since 4 months old. I'm not going to down play it, it was horrible. However, it was totally worth it. We actually

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"