November 2012 Moms
Options

Input needed RE: EBF/EPers

Some of you may not know that I had stopped BFing around the time I went back to work in Jan. Well, Feb came along and I dearly missed BFing and tried re lactating. After some hard work, a crap tone of nursing, pumping, a few LC appts, a crap ton of mother's milk tea and a Rx for Reglan to help milk production, I have sucessfully re lactated and T has been completely off formula for a few weeks now.

Here is my "problem" if you would call it that....T now STTN(10-12 hours). He used to get up at least once for a MOTN feeding and would go back to sleep. Now that he is STTN, I still get up and pump for fear of loosing all the progress that I have made. NOW, I feel like I'm not pumping nearly as much(we still have BM to feed LO) but I'm wondering if I should wake up twice at night to pump?

I nurse LO before he goes to sleep, if I make it home in time. If not, FI feeds him a bottle. I usually pump right before I go to bed and like I said once at night and nurse LO in the morning.

I'm sure this is reads as a bunch of ramble ramble, but I just need some input. I'm really afraid that my milk production will tank. 

V|V TSP V|V
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Input needed RE: EBF/EPers

• Options

Congrats on re-lactating!  That's fantastic :)

I EP and I pump right before bed and when I get up in the morning.  I stopped my MOTN pump session way early on and my supply adjusted right away.  I never had a problem with a decreas

• Options
    image10Nessie:

Congrats on re-lactating!  That's fantastic :)

I EP and I pump right before bed and when I get up in the

V|V TSP V|V
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You are awesome for re-lactating!! Go Girl!!

I am EBF and pumping while I am at work. I have read in multiple places that many mother's who work seem to have a hard time keeping up supply at this point (4mth-6mth) because of being away fro

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I dropped my MOTN pump session 3 days before AF showed up and my supply really dropped. I tried to keep it up by pumping more during the day but I kept running out of time and I felt like I was always connected to the pump and not playing with H so I adde

• Options

WOO!!!!! You go girl!

I was afraid at first too, but my supply adjusted. Jump in! Your body should know what to do :)

• Options

I just got goosebumps reading this...not sue why but that's great that you were able to re-lactate...

i guess I'm in the minority but I think you should add in an extra session, your supply is still so new and has yet to level out (I would guess)

• Options
    imageJenner37:

I just got goosebumps reading this...not sue why but that's great that you were able to re-lactate...

i guess

V|V TSP V|V
  • Options
    So you pump around like 10 or 11pm? Then 3? Then nurse at about 8?
  • Options

imageJenner37:
    So you pump around like 10 or 11pm? Then 3? Then nurse at about 8?

Yep, sorry

V|V TSP V|V
  • Options
    imageQuintonsMummah:

imageJen
  • Options

What about cutting the MOTN pump and getting up a little early to pump before he eats? There will still be enough for him.

I pump at 5am (Audrey wakes at 6 or 6:30a) 10:30 2:30 and 5:30 and nurse from 6pm-9pm (her bed time, or when she falls as

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"