Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Donor Sperm Questions

After a long 4+ months of dr's appointments for DH we do know that we will have to use donor sperm for IUI. All of this is very overwhelming and we have a lab picked out and our doctor but how did you figure it all out? Just looking for other experiences with this. 
Me- Ok as 1/13
DH- Azoospermia diagnosis
DIUI #1 7/13 BFN
DIUI #2 8/31/13 BFN
DIUI #3 10/26/13 Fingers crossed!

Blog

Baby Making Blog

My Ovulation Chart

Re: Donor Sperm Questions

• Options
    TICKER WARNING

First of all, I am sorry you guys did not have success with your appts for DH and find yourselves in this position. We have severe MFI and have had a failed IVF and ultimately decided that donor sperm was our best chance
    TTC since June 2011
    DX: DH (30) severe MFI, severely low count & low motility
    Me (32): all clear
    Appt with Urologist 5/21/12: exam, ultrasound, bloodwork all normal.
    Testicular Biopsy with TESE on 6/8/12. good sperm found! (left side only) froze sperm, failed thaw test :(
    Orientation for IVF/ICSI on 6/13/12. Waiting for the green light following biopsy results...results show adequate sperm production both sides.
    2nd SA 6/18/12: sample is "adequate for ICSI"
    Plan: IVF/ICSI July 2012!
    ER: 7/26/12. 15 eggs retrieved, all mature.
    TESE/TESA/aspiration from epididymis, no motile sperm found :(
    froze all eggs, the saga of praying for good sperm continues.
    8/3/12: 2nd opinion from MFI uro on biopsy slides. Suspects "partial late maturation arrest."
    Plan: more SAs, third biopsy/TESE with frozen back-up either from DH or DS.
    SA 8/17/12: Zero sperm
    SA 8/23/12: Zero sperm
    9/26/12: SPERM FOUND! 15 eggs thawed, 12 survived and were ICSI'd, only 3 fertilized normally. Refrozen as embies and will thaw in Nov. Please survive and grow!
    All 3 survived the thaw on 11/15/12!
    FET 11/17/12: transferred 2, one 4B, one 4C. Beta 11/30:BFFN
    moving on to DS
    DIUI#1 2/18/13,50mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta 3/4/13: BFN.
    DIUI#2 3/19/13, 50 mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta #1 (14dpiui) 4/2/13: BFP!!!! 150. Beta #2 4/4/13: 420 Beta #3 4/8/13: 2691. Beta #4 4/15/13: 15,086
    1st u/s 4/8/13 shows one gestational sac
    2nd u/s 4/15/13 shows yolk sac, fetal pole and early heartbeat
    3rd u/s 4/25/13: measuring right on track. Heart rate 148 bpm
    A/S 7/22/13: IT'S A BOY!!
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2qmon5u.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/laurakat24/turkeybaster-1.jpg"[/IMG]Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It took me a LONG time to be okay with using a donor, dh was okay with it a lot sooner than I was. Our DD is full bio (from IVF/ICSI) and I had a lot of concerns in part because of that.

After a lot of time (and lexapro;)~ ) I was read

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello.  I'm sorry you have to deal with this.  It can be devastating to find out that you and DH will never be able to make a baby together. 

It took us about 3 years to finally make the decision to use a donor.  We still str

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    TICKER WARNING

We decided to use ds when we found out dh had none. We looked at all of the major banks our RE worked with and settled on CA cryo.
    We are not telling anyone but our parents about the ds because we don't want that secre
    Married since June 2011, MFI due to chemo, Me:No issues detected 1st IUI February 19th 2013 using DS +Femara & Injectables= BFP!!! Everyone Welcome!
  • Options

Thank you all so much for your responses, so helpful!! We will do our first round of Donor IUI in July and have the bank picked out just not a donor yet but have looked. I am trying hard to be optimistic that IUI will

Me- Ok as 1/13
    DH- Azoospermia diagnosis
    DIUI #1 7/13 BFN
    DIUI #2 8/31/13 BFN
    DIUI #3 10/26/13 Fingers crossed!

Blog

Baby Making Blog

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"