November 2012 Moms
Options

Thoughts?

A friend shared this on FB. It had a caption about how this was a brilliant idea and would keep so many children from drowning.

I don't think it is that brilliant. It kind of scares me that so many people "liked" this and commented they were going to start using it. But I can't really pin point why it bothers me. Why not just use one of the bath chairs that will keep your kid from tipping over? Is the main question I keep asking myself.

So is this a good idea? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Thoughts?

• Options
    Mmmm no I don't like it. If LO moved or something that thing is going to slide around. I just worry it would tip over or something. it's a laundry basket and should not to be used like this. Plus, is the tub draining or is there standing water? Because th
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No good. How is this preventing the child from drowning, it's not even containing him, not to mention the basket can slide...what is her reasoning for even doing this in the first place....goodness some people.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My problem is that you should be watching your kid, so he shouldn't be in a position where he needs to pull himself up or whatever else made it a good "safe" idea. I couldn't believe how many people liked that idea. Just watch your kid and that's that. Th
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I like that it keeps toys nearby. However, I feel like it'd be super awkward as a parent to get your arms in by your kid with that basket in there. Sounds good in theory. I don't care to actually try it.
  • Options
    My parents had a small, round laundry basket that they used for us in the tub. It was so narrow at the base that we really wouldn't have had our faces in the water if we fell over. They were right there the whole time though.

I told my paren
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Serious question, once they can sit unassisted and/or pull up on things aren't you supposed to put them in the regular tub?  

That kid looks old enough to pull himself up on the basket, and because the basket will just slide arou

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    zmosszmoss member

^^^ Everything PP's have said. My aunt posted this on my FB page and tagged me in it saying something like "What a great idea!" I didn't want to call her out or anything (she is older in life and never had children--not sure if that makes a difference)

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • Options
    imageMandJS:

This is better than a bath chair because it keeps the toys close by. The babies at this age? A bath chair is better

• Options

Thanks everyone.

After reading the replies I think what really bothered me was the comments to it on FB that it would prevent drowning.  And you guys are right, now matter what you use in the tub you have to constantly supervise your childr

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I honestly don't see what the problem is if the parent is there with the child.  The parent should always be with the baby yes? I think if you are there, supervising, then this is a great idea!

A child should never, ever, ever be left

Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    imageironmom5:
    imageMandJS:</str

• Options
    I think its cute. NOT for preventing drowning, obviously, we all know how much water can drown a child, but I like the fact that the toys float nearby. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"