November 2012 Moms
Options

Insomnia

Does anybody have experience with this? I am dealing with it right now. It is creating a lot of anxiety for me. I lay down and start worrying that I'm not going to sleep . So then of course I don't. It's a vicious cycle. It's been going on for a couple of weeks. But I'm afraid if I take something I'll be so knocked out that I won't be able to wake up and take care of my daughter. Does anybody know anything good I can take? I am not breastfeeding. I have tried Xanax but that only puts me to sleep for a couple of hours. Going to call my doctor today. I called the other day but since I just started Paxil this week didn't want to give me anything for sleep. But I'm ready to drop that and just get something so I can just sleep.

Re: Insomnia

• Options
    I had really bad insomnia when I started Paxil.  It was like I just couldn't turn off my brain!  I talked to my doctor about it and got switched to a different SSRI and could sleep better.  I might see if your doctor would try that!  H
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCHBeans:
    I had really bad insomnia when I started Paxil. nbsp;It was like I just couldn't turn off my brain! nbsp;I talked to my do
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What time are you taking the Paxil? If not in the AM then try switching to morning. I know you said it started before that but it may help. So, you could try Benadryl for sleep, it's what's in most OTC sleep aids and is ok to take with Paxil
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageredwood807:
    Have you tried taking a hot shower before bed? As your body temp drops after the shower, you get drowsy.nbsp; You could
  • Options
    Also, I'm assuming you're taking the Paxil for depression. The insomnia could be a symptom of that and as the Paxil starts working to treat that it may start to help the insomnia. It usually takes 2 to 4 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKristen050:
    Also, I'm assuming you're taking the Paxil for depression. The insomnia could be a symptom of that and as the Paxil sta
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"