December 2012 Moms
Options

Toothpaste & Sunblock Recommendations??

What do you all do as far as mouth care for baby?  We haven't been doing anything, which makes me feel like a bit of a delinquent parent.  I've read some internet articles and consensus seems to say start before LO has teeth, ideally by 4 months of age.  DD turns 4 months on Tuesday, so I figure I should probably get my act together here!

Any recommendations for training toothpaste/toothbrush brands?  I would tend toward something more natural (like Tom's of Maine or something similar) than just grabbing the Orajel brand right off the shelf from Target, but does it matter?  I would guess that it just needs to taste good so she doesn't fight me on it every single time!

Also wondering about sunblock that doesn't have tons of chemicals... Any STMs have recommendations for brands that work well for their LOs? 

Re: Toothpaste & Sunblock Recommendations??

• Options

I talked to my dentist about it, and he said that until you can be confident that she won't routinely swallow toothpaste that it's sufficient to just use a towel or a finger brush to wipe her teeth off. The biggest thing is getting her used to having s

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options

No sunscreen until 6 months, but then ThinkBaby.

Water is sufficient for brushing gums/early teeth.  But for my toddler, I use the easy, off the shelf, orajel crap b/c it has Thomas the train on the front, tastes fruity, and for those two re

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No toothpaste or sunscreen this young.

Sunscreen at 6mos (we use waterbabies)

Toothpaste I use for my 3yr old is Tom's of Maine Fluoride free childrens toothpaste, silly strawberry. 

<span id="btAsi

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    imageSingleMom31:

I talked to my dentist about it, and he said that until you can be confident that she won't routinely swallow too

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No sun screen prior to 6 months. Here is the EWG's sunscreen report as a clicky link:

https://www.ewg.org/2012sunscreen/

Love this website! I use it when looking up the ratings for make up

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options

I asked my hygienist the last time I was in for a cleaning.  She mentioned a thing for "brushing" gums that goes on parents finger and baby gnaws on, but was not up to date on them since her kids are adults now.  I looked for it at Target and

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

It isn't recommended for babies under 6 mo to wear sunscreen, but after that, I use Babyganics 50 SPF. It's got good coverage. I'm fair skinned, so I use it too, and I think it feels fine on. And I use a special face stick too, which is much better to

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"