School-Aged Children
Options

Money for Disney World?

My big oldest two (5&7) are going to Disney World with my mom and her best friend.  I need to send them money.  They are going for five days.  They will need money for trinkets and things, and probably some for food.  If I know my mom, we won't need to worry about food money, but want to sent them prepared.  I haven't been to Disney since I was in elementary school.  About how much each do you think I should send.  They aren't staying in a resort.  Mom's best friend has two condos there and my mom and the girls are going to stay in one.

Re: Money for Disney World?

• Options

Is grandma going to hold the money?  Not sure I would trust mine with much cash. Can you do Disney gift cards at least for the gift shops?  I would want mine to get a shirt, ears and maybe something else.  At least $100 for souvenirs ?

Can you reserve a special meal or two for the trip?  Instead of spending money?   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We went when my twins were 5.  We used the meal plan so I'm no good for food cost, but I told the kids they could pick 2 souveniors each.  It helped them think about their purchase because, of course, they wanted TONS of stuff.  They still wanted 3 things each so DH and I bought the other items on the sly for Easter that year.  I agree about your mom being the keep of the money.  Enjoy having 2 fewer kids!  :)

ETA:  It was less than $100/kid for their two items, but I'd budget $100 each just in case.  We also bought the kids "ears" that weren't included in their two items.  It seemed like a must have to me. 

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alakealake member
    Yes, Grandma will have their money for them.  I am not entrusting that kind of money on them.  I know that my mom has a few special things planned for them, but am not exactly certain what is going on.  I will probably send a $100 for each of them.  My DH works in Orlando and will be up half way through their trip, so if needed can drop them off more money. 
  • Options
    I went with my DF and our son in Aug 2012. Just us 3 we spend about 5 thousand all together. I could say prob a thousand each cause entrance is expensive. 
  • Options
    alakealake member
    We sent $300 for the two of them.  Dh went to Orlando today and was going to see them.  He is taking them up another two hundred.  My mom was paying for their entrance and food.  They just needed spending money. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"