Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Transitioning from nursing before bed

OK, I know people said "don't nurse your baby to sleep" at 3 months old...but yeah, we're still doing that. It has worked like a charm for us and I don't regret it.

But, I am starting to wean and hope to be completely weaned in the next 2 months...so we need to transition slowly to a new bedtime routine!

Any experience out there? How can I help LO fall asleep without nursing?

He is a good sleeper and goes down for naps without nursing at all, though he tends to quickly fall asleep in my arms and I put him down then. Sometimes, he does go down drowsy.

Any suggestions on how to help him transition to putting himself to bed (no nursing/getting in crib drowsy), at this "older" age?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Transitioning from nursing before bed

• Options

I would slowly start doing a new routine. Incorporate nursing, but maybe try to shorten it each night. If I remember correctly, with DD1 I transitioned her to a sippy cup and she got milk that way instead of nursing. However, at that point she didn't n

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

About two weeks ago my son started to refuse his bedtime nursing session, but still went down without a problem and has continued to sttn. We have four nursings a day now. I'm not sure how many naps your LO is taking, but we dropped down to two naps ri

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips! We are big on routines, so I guess that bodes well for us in this process. Here goes nothin'!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"