Natural Birth

hypnobirthing v hypnobabies

I have looked into both and would prefer using hypnobabies but there isn't a class taught nearby for more than 100 miles so if I go that way I will have to do the at home course. There is a hypnobirthing class available in town, however it's not exactly what I want and is more expensive. I was thinking of just taking a generic child birth class and ordering the at home study but don't know if it'd be enough instruction. Suggestions or advice?

Engaged 10/2/1202
BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: hypnobirthing v hypnobabies

• I did the home study and I found it to be pretty comprehensive. I also took a birth class at the hospital because I was having a hospital birth but honestly I think we would have been just fine skipping that.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are already signed up for hypnobabies and one of the first things the instructor told us (at sign up, not even in a class) is to not take any other birthing classes, like at the hospital. Since the hypno course has a specific, more positive mindset ab
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm taking the hypnobabies class and it is great!  That being said, you could totally get by with the homestudy course.  We just follow the book in class, and the whole time I'm sitting there I'm thinking damnnit I could be doing this at home! &
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"