Attachment Parenting
Options

Question about sleep and AP

I'm a lurker. I realized I do a lot of AP and need some advice. My LO is just over 4 months and I'm getting tremendous pressure from friends and family (including DH at times) to sleep train. I feel it's a little unnatural this young and am very against CIO. May I ask, for those of you who decided NOT to sleep train, when did you LO begin STTN and learning to self soothe on thier own? I realize every baby is different, but I'm interested to hear your stories. Selfishly, I think I want to hear my LO will learn when he is ready on his own with my support, not my "teaching" him when I'm ready... TIA

Edit - spelling 

Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries

Re: Question about sleep and AP

• Options

18 months... when I night weaned him. He'd still happily wake up and nurse a few times a night, but I was tired.

Most sleep training gurus will tell you to wait until closer to 6 months, even if that's the road you want to go. A 4 month old still

• Options

I think self-soothing is totally different than STTN. My son was self-soothing fairly early on, but didn't STTN until he was 14 months.  And if it makes you feel better, my LO learned both to self soothe and sleep on his own when he was ready wit

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    irerirer member

My older son self weaned and started STTN when he was 2. He also moved into a toddler bed at this point ( we had been cosleeping). He now is a fantastic sleeper and he got there on his own time. We plan to do the same with our 8 mo. 

Re: oth

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am very against CIO as well. And as one of the other PPs said, self-soothing is totally different than STTN. My DD who is turning 3 in June started sleeping through the night I think at 6 months (by this I mean 8 hours of sleep) but its all kind of a

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My 16month old is not sleep trained. I tried to sleep train around 6 months but it was miserable for both. I still nurse to sleep too. She will fall asleep on her own when she is ready. Dont do something youre not comfortable with, youll know when the tim
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

I am by no means a pro at this or anything, I am a FTM and just shuffling my way through, but this is what we are doing!

We also decided early we wouldn't sleep train. DD also decided early she didn't want to co-sleep, so her room is set up so&n

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all. I appreciate your input and suggestions :) 
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Options
    I was against letting our baby CIO, however at 6 months she was still sleeping in a bassinet in our room and waking up every 2 hours. The only way I could get her to sleep was to nurse her.  My husband and I decided it was time to transition her to h
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageblu-eyedwife:

I think self-soothing is totally different than STTN. My son was self-soothing fairly early on, but didn't STTN

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageblueyedwife:
    I think selfsoothing is totally different than STTN. My son was selfsoothing fairly early on, but didn't STTN until h
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my DS in a bassinet beside our bed at first, but within 4 weeks he was in our bed.  He slept with us nightly until he was 18 months old.  He was STTN by 10 weeks (well, last feeding was midnight, then he'd wake around 6am for the first mor
  • Options
    imageirer:

My older son self weaned and started STTN when he was 2. He also moved into a toddler bed at this point ( we had been

Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"