December 2012 Moms

Congested

DD has a stuffy nose and seems to be having a lot of trouble breathing, especially while nursing. So far, we've tried a sucker bulb with saline and a vaporizer with a few drops of the Vicks vapor stuff in it next to her crib. Both worked some, but I still feel for her. Anyone have an other suggestions?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

Re: Congested

• Just keep doing what you're doing ... sorry nothing to add. Hope your LO is improving.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We've got a similar problem.  We're going to buy the NoseFrida to see if that helps draw down the mucus from the upper sinuses.  The bulb syringe isn't cutting it.

My pedi also reminded me to keep his head elevated during sleep.  S

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the NoseFrida - works SO much better than the bulb.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Steamy shower. I hold her in my lap and we just sit right outside the tub but pull the curtain around us to breathe in the steam. Some people swear by Vicks on the feet then cover with socks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use the nosefrida and saline drops.  This combo works for us.  Also, after putting in the saline, I massage DS's nostril a little to loosen thing up.  
  • Another vote for the Nose Frida. We do the saline drops to loosen things up first. It works great! DD does not like it but after she is very happy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second what everyone else is saying, and also want to suggest you keep a close eye out for signs of distressed breathing in your LO. Not wanting to scare you, but we were in hospital for two nights in February because baby had RSV, basically a dangerous
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"