Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Birthing Center or Baylor?

I'm having trouble choosing a midwife!  Anyone have any information/reviews about the Birth and Women's Center on Swiss?  Or about the midwives at Women's Health Alliance (who deliver at Baylor)?  Thanks for the help!

Re: Birthing Center or Baylor?

• I started my prenatal care at the Birth and Women's Center and I was really excited to deliver there. I liked the relaxed environment. The midwife is very straightforward, but also very caring and kind. There are tons of birth options, and they also have emergency care if there are complications.

However, I won't be in Dallas for the delivery, and when they found out, they dropped my care. So here's my one caution: their specialty is birth, not prenatal care. They are mostly there to help you have an excellent birth experience. They give good prenatal care, but it is not their top priority.

If you are looking for an amazing birth experience, I would definitely recommend it. If you are more interested in excellent prenatal care, I would go somewhere else. I know both are needed, but I guess it depends on which is more important to you.

Hope that helps!

• I go to Inanna Birth and Woman Center in Denton. They have families from all over texas and are really great! I don't think they do pain meds though, they are more into natural birth but have wonderful reviews and have been there for years. I feel comfortable and 100% safe there. They are knowledgeable and willing to help however they can. They also have tons of resources and recommendations.
  • Loading the player...
  • I see the UNT Mifwifes
  • One of the midwives from my midwife group that delivered my son that closed in FW now delivers with Women's Alliance at Baylor, Allison S. I had great prenatal care and loved the midwife, Nancy, who delivered my son, however, I would for sure choose a birth center next time around! 

Can't wait to meet our miracle this November!! BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"