1st Trimester

Bummed about my birth options.

I really don't want to have a hospital birth again.  My first experience wasn't great.  They gave me pitocin without telling me, and the on-call doctor didn't show up for 45 minutes after I was at 10cm.  There are no women's birthing centers in Las Vegas.  A home birth seems to be the only real option at this point but I am a little uncomfortable with the messiness of birth being in my home.  I guess this is really just a whine.  I just wish there was a nice birthing center here.  If it was my first baby i would travel to Los Angeles, but I don't really feel like that is practical at all with two kids.  

Boo.  :( 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bummed about my birth options.

• That stinks. Sorry about that.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I live in Chicago and we have the same problem.

FWIW, though, if you do choose home birth - you won't have to deal with the messiness of birth at all. Your midwives and team will clean everything up for you. 

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Someone posted a photo from a home birth on my November birth month board with my first pregnancy and it was a tub filled with bloody red water.  Maybe that isn't really how it is? I remember just looking at the picture made me a little queasy and I
  • Well, birth is messy, and water births tend to look a little gross. You can watch water birth videos on YouTube if you want to see some others. But if water birth isn't your thing, or you don't want the ick in your own tub, you can certainly rent an Aq

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • imagewaiting4Baby00:
    Someone posted a photo from a home birth on my November birth month board with my first pregnancy and it was a

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• This post is so timely for me, I just watched the documentary "The Business of Being Born" a few days ago and it was super interesting to see the different opinions on home birth vs. hospitals.  Most of the home births didn't look all that messy actu

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imagewaiting4B
  • imagemsspeedymarie:
    Not all hospitals and doctors are the same. Is there only one hospital in your area that you can deliver at?It sound

• imagewaiting4Baby00:
    imageGhostM
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageelmoali:
    imagewaiting4Baby0
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • I'm just wondering how you got Pitocin without knowing it.  There is a whole process to getting Pit started.  They have to flush out the IV, which is unpleasant, set you up on a new drip....which would have been a fabulous time for you to say

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I would definitely get a Doula in your situation. She could help you cope on your own, as well as do things like read any and all bags of fluids going into you. I doula made my hospital birth experience amazing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"