Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Am I feeling the right feelings

Hi everyone, this is exactly m/c related but is a loss to me. I miscarried 2 months ago and am trying to move on. My oldest sister is mentally ill with a 6 month old and is 4 months pregnant. I was told by many family members that its possible I might have to take custody of the baby and maybe that was why God took mine. Well, my sister is having a full blown psychosis and CPS took the child. I live in another state but prepared myself for this and to drive to help. My younger sister stepped in and realized she would get fmla and financial support if she fosters so she stepped right over me and took the baby. She never showed any interest before and doesn't show concern or care for my sick sister. I feel betrayed because I was told for awhile, even by that sister that I'd be the best candidate to foster. My husband and I have had problems conceiving but we are a stable family, whereas, my youngest sister keeps a dirty house, husband does heroin occasionally and they don't parent their own child. I feel like I'm jealous in a way but I've been waiting for a family for a long time and it hurts that my sister stepped all over it without considering my feelings. Our sick sister cannot talk and she is in an institution.

Re: Am I feeling the right feelings

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, and for your poor sister....mental illness is so hard on families. Sounds like you need to let your other sister know how you are feeling about her actions, and are concerned for the child, not to mention a sibling on the wa
  • Options

First I am so so sorry.

Now how can she just step right in and foster, you should talk to CPS and have them spot check or even let them know that you want to be a consideration for foster.  I do not think that she can just take the baby. &nb

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, your other sister doesn't sound like she is fit to parent this child, either.  Did CPS do a background check and visit to this home before placing the child with her?  I would think that would be a requirement before she was allowed to

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    I agree with PPs about checking with CPS.  If your younger sister is unfit to care for the child she just took, she is also unfit to care for the child she already has and CPS should probably already have been called in long ago.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"