Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Anyone have low or no fluid at birth?

So my LO was born with virtually no amniotic fluid and has been sick a lot. She has been on many antibiotics since Thanksgiving and she seems to be good for a few days and then congestion returns with coughing. The doctor is sending her to an ENT to check he ears, but I keep telling them that her ears wouldn't continue to get infected if we could get rid of the nasal congestion.

I just wonder if this has anything to do with the dry birth. We have no idea she was in the womb without fluid. I mean she is good natured, you'd never know that she was sick. She is very happy and playful and half the time I don't know that she has an ear infection until I take her in for her chest congestion. 

Is anyone else going through this? I am at my witts end. She coughs so much at night that I don't sleep because I get up to make sure she is breathing ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone have low or no fluid at birth?

• Hi! I had my son at 37 weeks because of low fluid (it was 4-5). He was colicky in the beginning but we determined it was a milk protein allergy. Switched to alimentum and he's been fine since. He hasn't been sick at all other that that. So I'm not sure if
  • With my first LO, I delivered at 37 1/2 weeks (with 4-5 fluid).  Other than being in NICU for 13 days, she didn't have any issues.  She is almost 3 now.  She didn't even have an ear infection until she was over 2 1/2 years old.  I am n
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. I am just grasping for some answers. My other 2 children were never this sick. It is just funny that she never has a fever, yet the doctor keeps giving her different antibiotics to try to make her better. It is all nasal and chest congestion with
  • Is your LO in daycare? My DD is sick every other week with a cold that turns into ear infection. She's had 4 or 5 ive lost count ear infections since November. Been on antibiotics that always clear it up but then a week later she's back on them again.
    Reggie imageimage
    Madison Lynn imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, she is in daycare and I get that my older kids carry germs from school, but this is crazy. She has had so much nasal congestion since birth it is crazy. Then in October the ear infections started and the chest congestion. There just isn't any relief.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"