Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Sippy Cups

What kind if sippy cups do you use? We were kind of slow in weaning DD off bottles. She's 17 months old. She has some nuby stage 1 cups that she really has to suck on to get anything out. These seem beneath her skill level. She also has another cup with more of an open spout and she often chokes on thinner liquids.

What are you using it seems like there has to be something between these options.

Thanks!

Re: Sippy Cups

• We use straw cups. They are better for oral and speech development than spouted sippy cups. We use the playtex insulated straw cups. I like that they are easy to clean and use.

If you need a leak and spill proof cup, I like the gerber grad
  • The Playtex Straw cups are the only ones my girls would use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We started on the straw cup - Playtex Lil Gripper - because my guy was always interested in drinking from a straw so it made sense. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My favorites are the Camelback straw bottles.

Like these:

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/73708?productId=1225918&subrnd=0&qs=3016887_pmd_google_pla

If he will be lying down, he likes the Nuk transitions sippy cup.  

<p
    ~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• I agree that transitioning to a straw cup at this stage would be a good option as it's better for their teeth. We used the Lollacup - it has a weighted straw which makes it much easier for them to drink from. It's also made in the USA and is BPA and Pht
    www.healthyhappytot.com - Healthy, non-toxic product recommendations for children from a mom who has really used them!
  • To begin with we used a First Years soft spout cup. It was more similar to the bottle. Once she got the hang of it, she started using playtex cups.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• We just got new straw cups last week based on a friend's recommendation.  They're expensive, but they are AWESOME.  They're called Zoli cups and I got them on Amazon.  They're easy to clean, and the straw doesn't fall out (we've had that is
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJen0204:
    We just got new straw cups last week based on a friend's recommendation.  They're expensive, but they are AWESOM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"