Two Under 2
Options

When to transition to a toddler bed?

M will be 16months on the 2nd and still in her crib. Honestly, it's getting harder and harder to get her in and out of the crib with my belly and I still have 2-3months to go until DS is due.

I'm wondering when is an acceptable time to transition to a toddler bed or are there any signs I should look for to know she is ready?

M is a great sleeper and always has been, she isn't one of those kids who stands against the crib rattling the side and screaming when we put her down. She just curls up and goes to sleep, she sleeps a solid 12hrs at night and takes 2 naps a day with no problems at all. Our couches are about 2ft off the ground and she recently learned how to get herself on and off them, and she's getting better and better at it. We keep her door closed during the night and during naps. When she wakes up in the morning she gabs/plays/talks to herself for a good 30mins before she starts screaming for me.

We aren't looking to use the crib for DS, we'll be converting it and I'll leave up the bumpers on the 3 sides so she still has that secure feeling. I think I'd also do one of the longer $20 mesh/padded bed guards instead of the short little wood one that matches the crib because M does still flop around a lot in her sleep.

We're planning to get a Foscam video camera to use in her room, so I won't switch her without having that installed first.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: When to transition to a toddler bed?

• Options

We just changed our smallest one (20 months) to a toddler bed, not by choice, he learned how to climb out of his crib.  I always suggest keeping them in the crib as long as possible, but there are many children who transition to toddler beds aroun

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    imageMammaBear81:

We just changed our smallest one (20 months) to a toddler bed, not by choice, he learned how to climb out of his

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 2.5 yr old is still in her crib. I'm in the camp of keeping them contained as long as possible. My 18 month old is also still in his crib. I have no plans of transitioning anytime in the near future. My DD could probably handle it fine but my 18 month
  • Options
    We moved DS2 to a twin bed at 14 months. It has a side rail so he can't fall out. He also can't climb out just yet. He's doing great in there. Loves it. At the same time he started sharing a room with his brother and we've had no issues. I just waited for
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    We recently moved ds to a twin need with rail at 20m and he's done great. I think it helps that he'd grown attached to a pillow and likes to be under a blanket now. Made the whole thing cuddly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I transitioned DD1 into a twin with rails at 16 months (2 months before DD2's arrival) with no problems.  I agree with the othe poster to make sure all toys and books are locked in the closet and furniture is secured to the wall.  She did not

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagekagl08:
    My 2.5 yr old is still in her crib. I'm in the camp of keeping them contained as long as possible. My 18 month old is
  • Options
    We transitioned DD when she started climbing out.
    ~Drew '13~Camden '12~Mihaila '10~Aaliyah '09~Noah '07~

• Options

imagekagl08:
    I'm in the camp of keeping them contained as long as possible. (...)  I just wanted to say just remember to strap
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"