Birthday Parties
Options

2nd birthday party timing and food questions

My daughter's second birthday is in mid-may and I am in the early stages of planning her party. Right now we are going to be doing a classic Sesame Street theme--she LOVES the old Sesame Street--and can't stand the new ones. 

We do plan on having other kids there--but any of them that are my daughter's age are already not nappers.It seems like my daughter is the last napper standing out of our friend's kids--so i was thinking from 12-3. Reese has on occasion been fine skipping naps--especially when there is a lot of activity going on. She also has taken naps as late as 3--as well. And no one else I know, I believes naps. If your child doesn't nap--would you be alright with a Sunday party from 12-3?

Also my daughter has food allergies--so the food is stressing me out. She is allergic to egg, peanuts, almonds and sesame seeds. I think for dessert we are doing an ice cream cake (which will be safe for her) and also a pretzel tray from Philly Pretzel factory (she loves their pretzels) and fruit. (Fruit is her favorite food)

But I have no clue about the actual meal--something that is easy, quick and safe for her--any suggestions? 

My daughter is my hero.

Re: 2nd birthday party timing and food questions

• Options

The timing does sound a little inconvenient; can't you have it start at 3 or 4 so your DD can nap? that way she'll be more rested and you'd avoid a possible meltdown

I agree on the pizza, other ideas are mac&cheese or little sandwiches t

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    imagekaren_loy:

The timing does sound a little inconvenient; can't you have it start at 3 or 4 so your DD can nap? that way she'll&

My daughter is my hero.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Noon on a Sunday is too early for church goers. I would do 2-5pm or 3-6pm. As far as food {main dish} goes, could you make something for her and serve something else to the guests? The egg thing is kind of hard to get around, since egg is in dough, pasta,
  • Options
    I find noon to early for most things on the weekends.  I am a bigger fan of the 2 to 3 starting category. 
  • Options

I think the most important nap schedule to work around is the birthday boy/girl's.  My son has gone to several parties that were 10-12 or 10-1 recently, and we were able to put him down for a nap afterwards.  For his own 2nd bday, we did 3-6

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We wouldn't do a 12-3 party on a Sunday.  We get home from church around 11, then it is lunch and nap from 1-3or4.  We'll go to any event that doesn't happen during nap time!

I think it would depend on how many of your friends go to c

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image,
  • Options
    imageSCtoDC:

We wouldn't do a 12-3 party on a Sunday.  We get home from church around 11, then it is lunch and nap from 1-3or4

My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    We have done both of his parties from 3-5 and not served a meal, just snacks. Makes everything easier.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Would you do 3 to 5? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"