Trouble TTC

Benched. Again.

I went in for my mid-cycle monitoring, this time on CD 10 to hopefully not miss O. Well, my follicles were still extremely small. The biggest ones were only around 7-8. So, my RE decided to bench us for this cycle, do OPK and timed intercourse. I know this may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but we've been trying for over 2 1/2 years and finally got to place where we had saved money and had better insurance so we could see one of the best doctors in our area. Now between testing and monitoring we've blown through probably 2/3 of our money saved for IUI without ever even doing one of them. I know that our cycle isn't over, but we feel devastated. We haven't been able to get pregnant on our own in over 2 1/2 years so I'm not going to act like I'm hopeful that all of a sudden we'll be able to now.

I'm a little concerned for how upset and discouraged we're feeling. I know that my journey is nothing in comparison to what some of you have gone through and I can't imagine how you all muster the strength to get through this. I'm just not sure how long I can do this. I want to be a mom so badly, but I don't know how to handle the up and downs and all the emotions that go into just being disappointed. I guess I'm just upset and venting...I'm just ready to have a drink and forget about IF.  

IAmPregnant Ticker image

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Benched. Again.

• ((Hugs))

I'm sorry. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I'm so sorry, that sucks. I know it's all super frustrating!! Did you take Clomid sorry can't see if you said in you siggy? I've seen some ladies on here take Clomid a second time in the same cycle after not responding at first. Maybe ask your RE about th
    TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    Me: 33, DH: 35, DX: PCOS & MFI (low everything)
    IUI #1-3 - Low Post-Wash Counts - All BFNs
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI: Long Lupron Protocol - Freeze-All Cycle due to Severe OHSS
    ER 4/27, 33 Eggs Retrieved, 13 Frosties
    FET #1 6/5, Transferred One Perfect 4AA Blast, HPT BFP @ 6dp5dt
    Beta #1 - 209, Beta #2 - 508, Beta #3 - 1,059
    EDD 2/20/14
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Uhhh sorry, so annoying. I would definitely talk to your RE about being more aggressive next cycle.  Higher dose of Clomid or whatever you are going to do.  Good luck.  
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • I'm sorry.  That really sucks.  The feelings of discouragement are SO hard to deal with from IF.  Hang in there, you are doing all the right things!
  • I am sorry you were benched again. That is extremely frustrating. All the waiting and saving just to wait some more.

What med were you on? If is was Clomid, could you try doing a step program (adding another few days of a higher dose in the same

TTC #1 since May 2006 - We thought we were done in 2010, but we are back again!
    PCOS (anovulatory and amenorrhea) and hypothyroid.
    Currently taking Metformin 1500 MG and Synthroid.
    Prior HSG and DH SAs were clear.
    Feb 2013 - Switched clinics/RE and starting from the beginning again with some modifications.
    Current status: CD 3 appointment showed lining was too thick (11.5 mm). Endometrial biopsy scheduled for CD 11. Next steps will be based on results.
    All welcome to respond.
    March TTTC Siggy Challenge: Internet Memes
    imageimage
  • ((HUGS)) I"m so sorry for the canceled IUI and the up and down! I haven't being trying for as long as you but I don't know how to deal with the ups and downs either. It almost seems like cruel and unusual punishment...I've gotten to the point where I a

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • imagefuturehuber:
    I'm so sorry, that sucks. I know it's all super frustrating!! Did you take Clomid sorry can't see if you said in you s
    IAmPregnant Ticker image

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sorry you were benched on a treatment cycle.  It sucks hardcore no matter where or when you are on your journey to get all geared up and told to then sit this one out.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• I'm sorry :

I absolutely get what you're saying about feeling discouraged too. Some days are better than others for me and some days I have mini cry sessions out of no where. You're definitely not alone.

The costs of the tests

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry, that has to be so frustrating. Hugs, and a nice big glass of wine to you!
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • I am so sorry that you are benched this cycle. You have every right to be discourage and disappointed. You've waited a long time and paid so much just to get stopped from taking the next step with treatment. Hang in there. Its hard not to have control

• ((Hugs)) to you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry, buig hugs coming your way!
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • How frustrating, I'm so sorry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Hugs!!!!! I am sorry!

image image

*Me 28 Husband 31

*TTC since 10/2009

*10/2010Tried 1 cycle of clomid 50mg with no results

*12/2010 On break due to needing a new OB and money reasons

5/5/12 Underwent exploratory surgery and had tubes blown out- no issues found

5/5/12 DH had SA and numbers look great

7/2102 50mg dose of clomid with ovulation and timed sex no results

8/12 Clomid cylce #3- no success

8/30 Went to see RE and we have decided to move onto IUI attempts

10/18 IUI#1 BFN and cyst developed so on hold

11/17 IUI cycle #2 BFN
    IUI #3,4,5,6 =BFN

First round of IVF- 2 fresh transfered Beta=20, 37 than ended in M/C- Will do frozen transfer in Sept!

• imagevanillajen:
    imagefuturehuber:</
    TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    Me: 33, DH: 35, DX: PCOS & MFI (low everything)
    IUI #1-3 - Low Post-Wash Counts - All BFNs
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI: Long Lupron Protocol - Freeze-All Cycle due to Severe OHSS
    ER 4/27, 33 Eggs Retrieved, 13 Frosties
    FET #1 6/5, Transferred One Perfect 4AA Blast, HPT BFP @ 6dp5dt
    Beta #1 - 209, Beta #2 - 508, Beta #3 - 1,059
    EDD 2/20/14
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry.  I have been benched twice and it totally stinks - the waiting is so hard!
    imageimage

TTC #1** Went off BCP July 2011

Me: 31 DH:31

Jan 2012 Dx PCOS by OB/Gyn

July 2012 - Tests with RE confirmed PCOS and annovulation

2 rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's using clomid + injectibles. 

Surprise BFP while on break cycle due to cysts.  It's a girl! Baby "E" born on Thanksgiving Day 11/28/13

• It totally sucks!! I understand how you feel. We have attempted 3 IUI cycles with Clomid twice and Femura once and NOTHING has happened, all 3 canceled. My follies stay small too. I used to take the news pretty hard but this last time was easier. I just k
    Me 32/DH 38
    TTC since 05/2011
    HSG 07/2011 right tube blocked
    Clomid 50mg 3/2012 - no response
    Clomid 50mg 4/2012 - no response
    Met with RE 6/2012
    PCOS/IR diagnosed 6/2012
    Femura 5mg  9/2012 - no response
    Laparoscopy 12/2012 close off right tube
    Clomid 150mg 3/2013 - no response
    1st Follistim Cycle 7/16/2013 -  CD3-6 125iu; CD7-8 150iu; CD9-15 175iu; Trigger 8/1; IUI scheduled for 8/3/2013...BFN AF arrived 8-16-2013
    8/2013 cycle benched for cyst
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"