High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Previous high risk Mom considering #2!?

Hello ladies! I was on bed rest for 4 months with my son (now 13 months) for preterm labor.  I was just curious if any second time Mom's have any advice or experiences they care to share about if their second pregnancy.  Was/is it similar in terms of bed rest or contractions like their first or was it completely normal?  I am planning on seeing a new OBGYN to discuss a second pregnancy and what to expect with monitoring, preterm labor, etc. However, I wanted to check in over here and see if anyone could answer some of these questions from a personal aspect.

Keep those babies cooking ladies! You are all amazingly strong women.  Best of luck to all of you! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Previous high risk Mom considering #2!?

• Options
    I was on hospital bed rest for 4 weeks with #1 and he arrived at 36 weeks.  I used progesterone shots during pregnancy #2 but still ended up on hospital bed rest for 4 weeks and #2 also arrived at 36 weeks.  Like PP said, just get the
  • Options

These babies havent even gotten here yet, I am having identical twin girls and me and my husband have thought about having a second one. We are not sure yet especially since I had an unexpected bed rest stay for the next 7 weeks.If we was having just o

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first was born at 36 weeks after three weeks of bed rest. 2nd came at 34 weeks after 10 weeks of bed rest, I was told over and over again that my 2nd would not be like my first, but sure enough there it was contractions in the middle of the night just
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I talked with my new Dr. and she said they would just have to see how the pregnancy goes (whenever I get pregnant). She said that we could monitor more for cervical length changes, do Progesterone shots, and even a possible cerclage. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

my first pg was uneventful other than GD and I delivered on my due date.

My second, not so much. At 27 weeks I was dilated 2 cm, contracting and cervix measuring 1.5 cm. After 8 weeks of bed rest in and out of the hospital, he was born at 35 week

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"