June 2012 Moms
Options

Wow did you guys see this?

https://www.examiner.com/article/baby-born-15-lb-7ozs-the-u-k-mother-had-harrowing-natural-birth

Baby born 15 lbs-7ozs in the U.K.: Mother had harrowing natural birth

At 15 lbs and seven ounces, baby George presented as a hard delivery for mom, Jade. Baby George King was just crowned the second biggest baby born naturally in the U.K., according to MSN on Wednesday, March 27, 2013.

The baby's mother and father were normal size babies and they are also just average size adults. A 15 lb baby was quite the surprise to these parents who weren't expecting a child double the size of many newborns.

The baby's delivery was a harrowing experience because of George's huge size. His head popped out, but the rest of him was stuck, depriving the infant of oxygen fo a full five minutes. At the time the doctors put his rate of survival at only a ten percent chance.
George gave his parents another surprise, a very happy one at that, he did survive and he is at home with his parents today.

According to the BBC shortly after birth the baby was transferred to St. Michaels Hospital in Bristol, but he was finally allowed to go home four-and-a-half-weeks later. Mom and dad are also doing fine, just maybe developing a few more muscles for towing the hefty little guy around!

Surprise  Thinking about how I felt after pushing out a 9lb 10 oz baby, I just can't imagine how much that must have hurt this mom.

I'm glad the mom & baby are doing ok. I'm surprised they didn't do a csection knowing how big the baby was.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Wow did you guys see this?

• Options
    whoa, that is a big baby! DD was 7lb 11oz and that was big enough! The female body never ceases to amaze :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have heard but do not know whether screening for gestational diabetes is as widespread in the UK as it is in the US. If the woman is healthy and low-risk it begs the question of whether she was ever screened, and if not, then could explain his size.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejess9802:
    I have heard but do not know whether screening for gestational diabetes is as widespread in the UK as it is in the US. If
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    Her poor lady bits!!?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    BRBR member
    Holy cow!  I can't even imagine...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJessieCupcake:
    imagejess9802:</
  • Options
    All I can say is wow Indifferent DS was 6lbs5oz at birth and gave me a 2nd degree tear....if he had been 15lbs he would of split me in 2!
  • Options
    Oh lord, I saw this on the news.  The first thing out of my mouth was " I bet she had undiagnosed gestational diabetes".  I had GD and there are some serious risks w/ it especially if it's undiagnosed. wow.  Aside from that, I had a 7 lb 13
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"