3rd Trimester
Options

My "two cents" on buying a hospital gown

I read a post..I think last night..about buying and bringing your own gown to the hospital and people had some snotty responses to the op....I think the biggest response had to do with "it's not a fashion show, you can put normal clothes on after labor" or "it will get bloody and yucky anyways"..I just wanted to share that I bought one for DD1 just because I thought it was cute and didn't think much about when id be wearing it - during labor, after, who knows - i just wanted it.  Turns out I was so happy I did order it.  I had a c section that wasn't planned and how I felt after was absolutely miserable and not expected..I knew I'd feel crappy after birth..but not like I was run over by a truck, not able to shower, walk, or move.  So I wasn't able to just put on comfy clothes after and for that reason I was so thankful I had that pretty gown to put on and be a little more covered and felt somewhat girly while I had visitors.  It stayed in perfect condition and I was happy to dig it out the other day to put in my bag!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My "two cents" on buying a hospital gown

• Options

Ok ... congrats? Someone asked a question, and they got a lot of mixed responses (which should be expected). Some people said they were going to buy one, others said they thought it was a waste. Whatever. Stating an opposing opinion doesn't make it "sn

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    hahah that was cute..  i would want one regardless of the circumstance of the birth. i want one now, im actually guna look some up now cuz im so bord and cant sleep. and she is right though. an opposing opinion is not snotty, only the way people say
    Amarie
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats? You must've been one of the "snotty" ones haha doesn't bother me, I just thought some of the responses weren't so nice ggeez

oh and since you asked..I started a new one because I read that post in the middle of the night and was too tir

• Options
    Oh and I wanted to post because no one had mentioned my point and not being able to put clothes right on..possibly giving those girls on the fence a reason to go ahead and buy one
  • Options
    Lol.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options

This post is pretty snotty.

And the OP wasn't about changing into something after the birth. Plenty of people do that. It was about those ugly, ugly gowns some of us wear while pushing. You're not even allowed to wear a non-standard gown for a se

• Options
    Am I really the only person who just wore the hospital gown the whole time? Granted I had a c/s so pants wouldn't have made much sense since they needed to check the incision...but is it really that big of a deal to just wear the gown they provide? I brou
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsJ723:
    Am I really the only person who just wore the hospital gown the whole time? Granted I had a c/s so pants wouldn't hav
  • Options

imageMrsJ723:
    Am I really the only person who just wore the hospital gown the whole time? Granted I had a c/s so pants wouldn't hav
  • Options
    Not really sure what this post is asking...however...
    My friend made me a hospital gown. I'm wearing it after birth..
  • Options

imageMrsJ723:
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm not sure how telling her our personal experiences are "snotty". I told her that I sweat and bled everywhere and wouldn't have wanted one. I think this second post is ridiculous considering no one was at all "snotty" to that girl.

</P

Cooper Edward

• Options
    Um, good for you?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

I wore the hospital gown the whole time. I delivered vaginally and needed to change at least 3 times during labor. After, I was bleeding so badly, I stayed in the gown and mesh underwear until I was discharged. I thought it was comfortable and easy for

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

wowza, who knew that wearing your hospital gown would cause such an uproar?

I always prefer to wear my own clothes. If someone thinks I'm a whacko for doing so, then that's their issue.. Not mine.

ETA - I wore my own clothes as soon as

Pregnancy Ticker Nathan Robert 12.18.08
  • Options
    zzbbzzbb member
    I agree...a lot of snotty responses. Even rude responses to the post about rude responses...lol. I'd love a nice gown to wear afterward...
  • Options
    Lurking from another Triboard....I packed a gown and other clothes just in case with DS, guess I'm just vain like that. I remember what I wore, not because it's important, but because there a million freaking pictures of me in it! I felt nude and uncomfor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"