September 2013 Moms

Pregnant again after tubal ligation

Hi Everyone! I am 38 and 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child (DH's first) I had a tubal ligation after delivering my son 16 years ago.  We are over the moon excited!! I'm becoming a little less nervous as ultrasound last week showed baby in utero and we heard a very clear hearbeat of 167 bpm.  I just started feeling better.  I had terrible all day sickness at first.  Symptoms now are sore breasts and eating everything!  I feel like this is my first pregnancy as everything has changed since I last had a baby!! LOL! I was wondering if there's any other moms out there who got pregnant after tubal ligation?  

Re: Pregnant again after tubal ligation

• I'm curious, did you have it reversed? I'm the result of an after tubal baby and my mom had not gotten it reversed! That was 32 years ago and apparently they only did one tube, because they believed the other was non functional. She was over the moon estatic though, as she really wanted another child! Congrats to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Congrats! I was 16 when my baby brother was born after my dad had a vasectomy reversal. It is such a fun relationship! He keeps things fun and my parents young. They were also 38 when they had him. Wishing you a healthy, happy pregnancy! 
    Dailey 10/29/2009 BFP! 7/12/2010 Welcomed our beautiful baby boy TTC#2 Since 10/2011 5/21/2012 BFP! 6/30/2012 Missed Miscarriage 1/4/2012 BFP!! Stick, baby, stick! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry everyone! I couldn't find my post.  I am now almost 16 weeks and everything is great. No, I didn't have a reversal.  I guess my body just decided on a reversal by itself.  I've read that your body can heal itself, etc.  My OB Dr. said that in his 30 year career--he has seen about 3 cases of baby making it to the uterus, but has seen many ectopic pregnancies. I'm over the initial shock and it's become quite the story to tell.  Our LO will get a kick out of it I'm sure.  LOL
  • Hi Everyone ,This site is such a blessing i have goggled everything up under the sun trying to find my answers but  I am 40 and my tubal ligation was done over 17 yrs ago my cycle is like 88 days late I haven't had any test done yet I'm Excited just thinking that it's really a possibility be that I had the tuba ligation when I was younger .I thought maybe it's just menopause why my cycle is so late because I was having hot flashes for about a month any never thought about Pregnancy.I have not had any symptoms that i can recall but I dont know if it's just my imagine nation   or what but i think I'm feeling like some type of tightness or knotting in my stomach it's been so long I don't recall.. 

• imagesykey:
    Hi Everyone ,This site is such a blessing i have goggled everything up under the sun trying to find my answers but nbsp;I am 40 and my tubal ligation was done over 17 yrs ago my cycle is like 88 days late I haven't had any test done yet I'm Excited just thinking that it's really a possibility be that I had the tuba ligation when I was younger .I thought maybe it's just menopause why my cycle is so late because I was having hot flashes for about a month any never thought about Pregnancy.I have not had any symptoms that i can recall but I dont know if it's just my imagine nation nbsp; or what but i think I'm feeling like some type of tightness or knotting in my stomach it's been so long I don't recall..nbsp;

Am I the only one confused by this? This is s13 right? Op are you pregnant or hoping to be? Take a test and head over to first tri please.

Eff not op, that is to whoever the random drive by I'm quoting.
  • Sorry I had a lot of typos on my post last night . What I'm basically saying is I have not had a cycle since Early March . I thought maybe I'm experiencing MENOPAUSE since I just turned 40 this month and reading the different post about being pregnant and having a tuba ligation I thought maybe that's my issues because my tube have been tied for 17 yrs
    Just trying to get some feed back concerning my issue
  • imageauroraloo:

imagesykey:
    Sorry I had a lot of typos on my post last night . What I'm basically saying is I have not had a cycle since Early March . I thought maybe I'm experiencing MENOPAUSE since I just turned 40 this month and reading the different post about being pregnant and having a tuba ligation I thought maybe that's my issues because my tube have been tied for 17 yrs Just trying to get some feed back concerning my issue
    1. start a new post for it instead of resurrecting a 3-month old one.

2. Post it on the correct board. The women here are all due in September 2013. We haven't had a period since December.

3.   Take a pregnancy test...it will give you answers a lot faster than internet strangers.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Thks
    Will do
    I didn't think about that I was so excited to just that I'm not by myself
  • I am so glad to find your wonderful story on here an would love to know if all is well. I have had my tubes tied for 11 yrs n had miscarriage at 4wks n completely devastated. I knew the odds were against me but was praying for a miracle. Please let me know how you n your baby are doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"