June 2012 Moms
Options

Another first birthday party question...

Im having trouble with the guest list for DS's first birthday. I keep hearing different things like "Nobody really wants to go to a first birthday." and that it should be a really small affAir since the birthday kid will get overwhelmed and on and on. I have some family who have been really involved and threw my son a baby shower, all of my relatives came to one of his baby showers, but due to age and distance havent seen him in person yet i really have no hands-on experiences with small kids birthdays because i havent been to any lol. I just dont know what to do. My aunt, who has been really involved would be really hurt if she wasnt invited , so would my grandmother (mom's mom) . But my mom's side of the family and my dad's side of the family keep in touch for the most part because they've all known eachother for 30 years and i feel like it would be rude to invite some people from one side of the family and not the other because they all love me and my DS but if i invite everyone the guest list would be out of control, and that doesnt even take into consideration my close friends and DH's side of the family. We're talking a 40 person invite list. I feel like its a rock and a hard place. Any wisdom from seasoned veterans? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another first birthday party question...

• Options

Birthdays have always been a huge affair in my family growing up.  We celebrated everyone of mine, my siblings and my cousins birthdays from one until 18 and then Again for 21.

now that all of the cousins have kids or are having them, we all

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    imagepeachmuffins:

Im having trouble with the guest list for DS's first birthday. I keep hearing different things like "Nobody real

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    BRBR member
    If you have the space, I see nothing wrong with inviting 40 people.  Then again my family is huge and our monthly birthday gatherings are usually around 20.  Do you think all of them will actually show up?  If not, it would be good to invit
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For DS's first birthday party we had only a few family members and friends over. We kept it simple. We're doing the same for Audrey's birthday party.
  • Options
    FWIW we throw large parties and DD was perfectly fine for her first birthday.  It was her 2nd birthday that she was overwhelmed.  Besides, it's your kid throw whatever kind of party you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"