Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Horrible sleeper in crib...

This past week I've been putting LO to sleep in her crib at nights.. She used to sleep next to me in bed but daddy is coming home in about two months from his deployment so I wanted to have her sleeping in her own crib by then. She's 9 weeks and doesn't have reflux at all or any thing against sleeping on her back since she would sleep next to me just fine. Anyways when she sleeps in her crib, during the night she is up every two hours and I feed her and put her back to sleep.. Last night I was so tired I fell asleep nursing her and woke up a good 5 hours later with her happily sleeping next to me... Why won't she sleep this good on her own? Do I just need to give her more time to adjust in the crib or something? She normally sleeps in a shirt and diaper wrapped in a heavy Velcro blanket thing that essentially swaddled her (without her arms in.. She needs her arms out.. It's a matter of life and death if you ask her..) I'm at a loss of what to do.. 

Re: Horrible sleeper in crib...

• imageLindsayB523:

This past week I've been putting LO to sleep in her crib at nights.. She used to sleep next to me in bed but dadd

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• You're her favorite person in the world and she's been happily sleeping next to you - it's a tough adjustment to sleeping alone in a cold crib. I would suggest swaddling her, or watching the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD - it has some great techniques.&n
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You could try laying a heating pad in the crib for a while then take it out before putting her down. That way the mattress is nice and warm. I also read a post about this thing that you slide under the mattress that makes it vibrate. The bumpie that poste
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can you try a bassinet? Then she's close but in her own space...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well...since swaddling with the arms in sounded like the first thing to try I did... And... The next night she sttn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!!! It clearly helped keep her asleep. Now she has gone down to only minor fussing of no arms out and she sleep

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"