November 2013 Moms
Options

Announcing on Facebook

Once we have our first sonogram next week (at almost 10 weeks), we'll announce to the extended family.  Our immediate family knows already.  About a week later (as long as family doesn't spill the beans), we'll announce on Facebook.  I bought a "I'm the big brother" pin for Bugsy, our dog.  I thought I'd take a picture of him with the button and put a caption that says, "Bugsy would like to announce his only child status expires November 2013."

Is this dumb?  Has anyone else thought about how you'll announce on Facebook?  I usually wouldn't worry about an official announcement, but we are going to a wedding in our hometown the first weekend in May and I would prefer people find out before then so it's not a new big news being sprung on them on someone else's special day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Announcing on Facebook

• Options

Its not official until its FB official ;)...and it helps the news travel quicker.

I am dreading people finding out...they are going to think we are insane. 

• Options
    That's a really cute idea! I'm taking a pic of my 1 yr old reading a book "I'm a Big Suster" and posting it once I hit 12 wks. It's fun announcing on FB :
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aw, I think that is a cute way to announce! 

We actually ended up outing ourselves tonight. I wasn't going to do it, and it is probably way too early, but I saw someone I knew announce and they were due in November, so I kind of just went fo

• Options
    I think that's a really cute idea!
    I am waiting two more weeks and then I will announce on FB with a picture I took. The picture had DH's and my timberland boots with 2 pairs of baby timberlands and says "Our family will be growing by 4 feet Novemb
  • Options
    Hubby and I are also doing a shoe photo but with our Chuck Taylor's along with Our family is growing by 2 feet November 2013...great minds think alike!
  • Options

I think we are going to wait until the 1st trimester is over to make it facebook official...but we've told our parents and siblings...

My idea for FB is to put something about all the "titles" hubby and I have shared over the years....girlfriend/

• Options

Being that I'm a dog person, I think it's cute...

I am announcing on ds1 first birthday. After his smash cake we are going to change him into an outfit that says "I might be little, but I'm the big brother" and record it and see how long it takes

• Options
    Super cute idea!! I love the older brother pin! I also think it is kind of you to not want to steal the spotlight on someone else's special day.
  • Options
    Super cute idea!! I love the older brother pin! I also think it is kind of you to not want to steal the spotlight on someone else's special day.
  • Options
    We are going to take a picture of me Infront of an 'expectant mother' parking sign and put that up on Facebook. Or at least that's the plan, otherwise we might just use the Big Brother shirt we have for our son and put a picture of him up saying he will b
    IMG_4833 IMG_0119 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love your ideas too!  It's fun to hear how you ladies are announcing in ways that are unique to you as a couple.
  • Options

imageNewtArmstrong:
    Super cute idea!! I love the older brother pin! I also think it is kind of you to not want to steal the spotlig
  • Options
    I think that is so cute!  I won't be announcing on Facebook at all, but I might steal your idea for announcing to our extended family and friends.  Our pup is sadly giving up her only child status in November as well. :)
  • Options
    imageJSB814:
    Hubby and I are also doing a shoe photo but with our Chuck Taylor's along with Our family is growing by 2 feet November 201
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    I love the idea with the dog, so cute! We did the FB reveal today, had dyed eggs yesterday so did a half blue half pink one and posted a pic of it with our due date as the caption : so fun to announce!!!
  • Options
    I made a sign that I got our yellow lab to hold that says "I'm going to be a big brother" Once I have my 1st OB appointment in a week we'll announce it on FB with that picture. I'll be a little over 10 weeks at that point.
  • Options
    I might announce when we find out the gender. My good friend Is struggling with IF and I'd rather not make a big fuss about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to take a picture of my DD with a Big Sister t-shirt.

DD born 07/2011 DD due 11/18/2013
  • Options

I think it's a great idea. I always enjoy cute FB baby annoucements.

We will not be announcing on FB. I have several friends that are dealing with IF and after our struggles I just don't feel like "announcing" it. It's just our personal choice. T

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejoshandpanda:

Being that I'm a dog person, I think it's cute...

I am announcing on ds1 first birthday. After his smash c

• Options
    I think that's a cute idea! We have two dogs and I have been trying to come up with a cute way to involve them :)
  • Options

My sister announced by posting sonogram pics to FB.  MONTHS later, she still had people posting on her wall saying "OMG, are you pregnant!?!".  So, I plan on doing a series of profile pictures to announce.

The first one will be my DH a

• Options
    I made DS a 'Club Only Child - Membership Expires Nov 2013" shirt.  But it isn't too easy to knowtice/read the expires part.  The only pic I could get when we sent it to MIL was with DS crying so I said he wasn't very happy with his ne
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I think it's adorable!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"