May 2013 Moms
Options

Maternity tights

This morning I put on a pair of tights from before I was pregnant and it was laughable. Target and Walmart have maternity tights but they're 20 a pair which makes me cringe because if they get one snag they're done.

Do you think I could just get away with a larger size of non maternity tights or am I missing something crucial with shape, sizing, circulation, etc.?
Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)

Re: Maternity tights

• Options
    I would just wear a bigger size under my belly. I don't think maternity ones are any different in the legs. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have found Assets by Sara Blakely on eBay for 10. They don't rip easily and are a lot more comfortable for me than wearing regular rights under my belly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I vote Thigh Highs.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I vote for Assets as well mine have held up well all winter!
  • Options
    I wear regular tights but cut the elastic in the front. That way, they're still tight enough to stay on, but they don't squeeze my belly at all. Much more cost effective and if they get snagged no big loss.
  • Options

Thanks! I knew you guys would have good advice.

• Options
    I just went through this. I didn't want to pay the expensive price of maternity hose, so I bought a really big size of regular. It did not work out!

Next time I will spring for the maternity hose and not give it a second thought.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm wearing the target cheapies one size up. They sit just under my belly. I can't bring myself to spend the $$ on maternity tights.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

I did splurge on a pair at a local store for $14, they are a lot more comfy than a larger regular size tights, I don't wear them everyday, but a few times I had to wear them, they were extremely comfortable.

• Options
    My maternity tights are super comfy. They sit above my belly and don't dig in. I did buy huge pantyhose instead of maternity pantyhose and they sit above my bump too but are SO uncomfy after awhile and start to dig in
  • Options
    I have one pair of maternity tights that I got on Amazon that were $9. I was in a jam the other day and needed nude ones so I went to Target and got a pair a size up but made sure they weren't control top. They worked out fine for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with pp that thigh highs are the way to go.  That way you don't have to worry about fitting your belly at all.  That's what I'm doing for my Shower on Saturday.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    Normally thigh highs would make sense but I wanted black tights because I'm worried that two of my dresses are a little too short when I sit. The risk of visible thigh highs... oh yeah. Ha.

I'd probably be okay with the length even bare legge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"