September 2013 Moms
Options

Afraid to buy

I know a lot of people who have wen through pregnancy loss. So I am having a hard time buying things because this is my first , maybe thats why i am so nervous? Anyone else have or had this feeling? I go to the doctor april 10 and will have an anatomy scan so once i see the baby again maybe that will help , and also thinking of buying a doppler. Thoughts on this all?

Re: Afraid to buy

• Options
    I know what you mean. I avoid babies r us and anything baby related. I want to buy but can never bring myself too. I'm just soo afraid that once I get all excited then something will go wrong. We are also looking around for cheap dopplers. Wish I knew of
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I have been buying stuff since 10 weeks. I don't believe you can "jinx" anything by purchasing baby things too early. I can understand why some people wait though. You still have another 5 months so there's really no rush. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageShanmarie1083:
    I have been buying stuff since 10 weeks. I don't believe you can "jinx" anything by purchasing baby things too

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't think the worry goes away completely but with each passing day/week the chances of miscarriage are becoming lower and lower. Just listen to your body and as long as you don't notice anything mightily unusual (like ALL symptoms going away comple

• Options
    DH and I experienced a loss a few years ago so I definitely understand your hesitation! When we found out this time, we just decided that we weren't going to let our fear get in the way of celebrating this new life we had created! :
    **Proud Mommy to Elijah Douglas**
          **Angel baby August 2010**
      **Proud Mama of two furbabies**
  • Options
    That's me. I'm 16 weeks and things are going smoothly but I'm scared bcse I had a lost at 20 wk and my daughter came at 27 weighing 1.3 so I'm waiting until at least 24wks before I lose my mind in the malls lol good luck and if the urge get the best of yo
  • Options
    Thanks for all the good support. I didnt hAve a loss but a lot of friends of the family did. So it just worries me I guess. I just need to stay positive and keep going. I just worry about every little thing and i hope goin to this appointment soon helps r
  • Options
    I feel the same way. I have not bought any big items or even registered. Maybe after the A/S I will be able to let go of that feeling.

I did get a fetal Doppler on fetaldoppler.net for 27. It was a Jumper AngelSounds. I hav
  • Options
    I am renting the Doppler from Baby Beats.  I signed up for 3 months but will probally extend it because my husband and I really like listening to the baby once a week.  It is the same Doppler my doctor uses and I have no problem finding the hear
  • Options
    I still can't bring myself to buy either.  It's illogical, I know.   I've been doing a lot of product review research.  That's  been enough for me so far. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"