Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Starting Ferber tonight and a question

LO has been waking every two -three hours for two weeks now. I nurse her to sleep and have been nursing her back to sleep when she wakes up. She usually nurses 5 to 10 minutes then falls asleep. Sometimes I can put her back in crib and other times she wakes up when put down. My big question is should we also tackle swaddling tonight too? I have been swaddling her with one arm out for three weeks now. Was going to just bite the bullet and tackle it all this weekend. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Edit/ she's 5 months old 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Starting Ferber tonight and a question

• Options
    I say do it.  When I did it with DD we got rid of swaddle and paci at the same time.  She's old enough (I think, others may say no) to do Ferber and I think you might as well throw that in, especially if she's been swaddled with one arm out for

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes!  We did the same - ds was swaddled one arm out for a couple of weeks, then we switched him to a sleepsack when we did sleep training.  We want him to have full access to his hands for self-soothing.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. We did do it and its been great! The first night there was crying/sleeping half the night. I feed her around 2am and she slept the rest of the night. The next day naps were good. She fussed 10 minutes then fell right to sleep. Last night sh
  • Options
    I swaddle my 4 month old's arms when he naps and at night again.  Why the one arm swaddle?  For self soothing?  I wonder if I should be trying this. 
  • Options
    How long did she cry before settleing?

• Options
    imagebikramgirl:
    I swaddle my 4 month old's arms when he naps and at night again.nbsp; Why the one arm swaddle?nbsp; For self soothing?n
  • Options
    imageGrantHenson:
    How long did she cry before settleing?

The first half of the first night was rough. We
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"