March 2013 Moms
Options

BF success!

LO is a week old today, and breastfeeding has been hell since my milk hasn't come in yet. We were having to supplement with formula since she had lost too much weight, and both she and I were getting frustrated out of not getting much out of BF, and when she gets frustrated, she latches incorrectly, even though she'd been BF like a champ since day 1, and then it would hurt so bad I would end up crying every time. I just felt like a failure, even though I knew there was nothing I could do about it other than keep breastfeeding and pumping and wait, and I was getting scared that my milk would just never come in, which would break my heart because LO loves breastfeeding so much. Yesterday, I was in so much pain, it hurt to even wear a shirt, so I only pumped after our first feeding of the morning until it was bedtime, and then breastfed her again, and tried not to stay too worked up about it, even though I cried for a good half hour in the shower.

Well, I just went to feed her, and it sounded like she was actually swallowing, and I thought, huh, that's weird, I must be tired and imagining things, but then she pulled off my breast and milk was dripping on her cheek! I was so happy, and, you know, hormonal and tired, that I started crying.

I know it's still not going to be easy yet, but I can't imagine it will get any harder than the last week has been. Sorry that was so long, I just needed to share my little success with someone, and the rest of the world is still asleep right now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BF success!

• Options
    jamujamu member
    Yay! I'm awake of course, pumping. Congrats! Hopefully it's all up from here.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hooray! I'm up BF too : it's the best feeling to see that little milk drunk face with milk dribbling out of their mouths. I feel so happy every time it happens : congratulations to you!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay! I'm up bfing too and I just wanted to send a smile!
  • Options
    yay! Congrats. That was a great feeling when I realized my milk had come in and little guy was getting a belly-full.
  • Options
    T took my milk five days to come in and I was so happy when it did, so I can imagine how you are feeling too after a whole week! I was supplementing with formula too and I'm convinced that is why it took so long to come in! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"