February 2012 Moms

Banking....NBR

I have a banking related question.

I have a primary checking account.  I have a secondary account for vacations.  I would like to open a checking account for short term savings (like new living room furniture or kitchen counters) and one for DD to keep her allowance in (she is a saver).  Is it weird to have four checking accounts, and then, when the younger two have money, I would have six?  Do you just manage all of your funds from one account?  I like to see money accrue seperately, to ensure we stay on track without having to reconcile. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Banking....NBR

• Why don't you just open savings accounts? I'm not sure where you bank, but where I worked and still bank (Chase), you didn't have to keep a minimum amount in the account if it was linked to your checking account. Minor accounts didn't have any type of

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • I agree with jldubb...open savings accounts! There is no reason for three checking accounts if you are using them as savings. Just open a savings account (either with your current bank or one that will let you transfer money to your current bank) and wh
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Loading the player...
  • We have a joint checking account, I have a separate checking for my direct sales company, we have 2 joint savings accounts, and DD has a savings account and a college fund.

Savings accounts make more sense to me for what you're looking for

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Oops, I referred to anything that is not an investment account as a checking account.  Hilarious as I work in financial services - we refer to all accounts that are not investment accounts as "checking" and that anamoly JUST occurred to me.  So
  • image2chatter:
    Oops, I referred to anything that is not an investment account as a checking account.  Hilarious as I work in fina
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• image2chatter:
    Oops, I referred to anything that is not an investment account as a checking account.  Hilarious as I work in f
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • I don't see any problem with it. Right now we have 1 joint checking, one "round up" savings(rounds each checking transaction to the whole dollar and transfers to this acct), one joint savings, a savings acct for DD and a college fund for DD. We manage the

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
  • We actually have 3 checking accounts and 2 savings accounts right now.  They have evolved to become that way over time, but I think it can happy pretty easily.  DH and I each had our own checking accounts.  Now we are on each other's accoun
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We have a checking account and a savings account and we use ynab to keep track of what we have for each category.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"