January 2012 Moms
Options

CIO sadness

I would really appreciate kind replies only. Once I posted on another board and people were kicking me while I was down and made me feel worse so I am hesitant to post but just could use some advice/support.
DS was great sleeper until 4 months. I thought it was 4 month wakeful but it never got better. We were bedsharing and I was nursing him all night to get him to go back to sleep until we saw a sleep coach insurance covered it. She said the longer we waited the worse it would become. So we started sleep lady shuffle five nights ago. I am doing everything the sleep coach says even things that go against my instincts. DH tried to help first night and caved to the crying. The sleep coach said he made it worse and that I should do it solo. I've been 100 consistent and saw some progress the first two nights I did it. The last two and tonight have been awful. The crying is breaking my heart. I feel so sad and regret starting this but now feel like I have to see it through otherwise all this so far would be for nothing. :
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CIO sadness

• Options
    I don't have any advice for you but just wanted to say it's hard to hear them crying.  Some nights our son goes down easily and other nights, like last night, it took an hour to get him calmed down.  All I can say is to be consistent and hopeful
  • Options
    I'm sorry, we went through this too with DS. We also did the sleep lady shuffle and I loved it. It was hard to listen to him cry but feel like it was better for him to at least see me there when he was crying and know that I'm not abandoning him. I really
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is hard... but so worth it. You can do it and know that sleep is one of the best things you can teach him and gifts you can give him.
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options
    We have tried a lovey on and off for months and months and he isn't interested. I even tried putting it between us when nursing and slept with it in my shirt for three nights to get my scent on it. I still keep trying that and a stuffed animal but he just
  • Options
    I gave her a stuffed animal while nursing and it didn't take long for her toattach to it... sounds like you've done basically everything with that and he's just stubborn : all the more reason to be firm, your lives will be much better if you don't allow h
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options
    What is the sleep lady shuffle? Our son slept good until about 3 months but then my Dad got sick and life got rocky. After my Dad passed in October we stopped traveling and decided we had to get our son to sleep through the night. We did CIO which was no
    **Freddy** BabyFetus Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"