Boston Babies
Options

WomanHealth No. Chelmsford

I have my first prenatal appointment (8 weeks) this Thursday at WomanHealth in North Chelmsford. This will be my first time there so just wondering if anyone else has been there and has any feedback. Have yet to choose a doctor if anyone has any recommendations. :) Also - I've heard they don't routinely perform an ultrasound until 20 weeks is this true? I was hoping to have an ultrasound at my first appointment! Just curious in general when others are typically getting their first ultrasound.

Re: WomanHealth No. Chelmsford

• Options
    Hi there, I'm at OBGYN Woman's Care in North Andover. Normally the first appointment is for blood work and confirming the pregnancy. Then they schedule an ultra sound. Depending on your insurance you could wait until 20 weeks and that be it but most people I know have the first anytime between 710 weeks. With our first I had it at 8 weeks, this second time at 10. I'm 12 now and just had the NT screening so that was 30 min or so of ultra sound!!! Congrats good luck!
  • Options

I was just there today! I love Woman Health!!! They do a great job all around. I am 20 weeks and I had my first US around 12 weeks, just to make sure things were OK. Then I had my A/S scan at 18 weeks. LO was not cooperating so I had another today, and will need another next month.

I see Dr Cochran there, but everyone is good there. Your first appointment should be with the nurse practicioner, either Judy Bain or Marybeth Marcotte. The great thing about the office is they do so much there, including the ultrasounds. And any blood work needed you can go to the LGH building that is 2 buildings down.

Hope you had a good appt today!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi!! I know this is a sorta old thread now, but this is where I will be going also!  Dr. Cochran is my regular obgyn, but my appointment is with one of the nurse practitioners like you mentioned.  I have my 8 wk appt in a couple of weeks, I seriously can not wait to get in there just to make sure everything is going as planned lol...... can you tell I'm a first timer? 

Hope your appointment went well! :) 

• Options
    Hi, I am new to the bump and have been checking things out and getting some great information.  I too was at Womens Health today for my 3 mos ultrasound and saw the baby, it was so exciting.  I agree with everyone above, so far have liked it there, only my 2nd appt but my friend also went there and recommended them. We will get 2nd ultrasound at around 20 wks they said to learn the gender, cant wait.  Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the helpful info. This is our first and so excited :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"