Working Moms
Options

Pumping while traveling

Am I crazy to bring two pumps? I use my Medela advanced at work I leave it there, and I have a freestyle at home. It's not the best, because its old, so I don't want to depend on it while I'm away but I don't want to schlep my ugly pump to meetings and stuff! The freestyle fits in my work bag easily. Also, for those that travel, I'm curious if you dump any when you are away? I'll be gone 48 hours... And I don't think I'll dump... But I have not packed yet, and it'll depend on how many bottles and bags I can fit in my cooler bags.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pumping while traveling

• Options
    You're not crazy for taking 2 pumps. At one point I actually had 3 pumps with me. I had my cheap one I always left at work as a back up, my nice Ameda that I took back and fourth each day and a hospital grade rental to try and boost production. People
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are you flying or driving?  Driving, and I am way more likely to take all kinds of extra stuff.  If that is the case, I would take both.  Also, if you are staying at a hotel with a fridge or can keep ice in a cooler, I would not dump.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Anything to make it easier. If 2 pumps does it, I would/ I brought a bunch of extra parts on a school camping trip because I didn't want to have to wash the parts every single time I pumped. 

One thing that made it easier was to bring 2 big

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    I had a manual pump for travel and I always saved my BM.  I just made sure to have enough bottles for storage and replenished the ice often.  
  • Options
    Just a word to the wise that I discovered while pumping and traveling: if you are traveling internationally be sure you have your battery pack. Trying to use an adaptor while in London fried mine plug, but luckily I had my battery pack.
  • Options

I easily bring bring 3+ days home in this cooler, see link. It freezes and keeps about 10 hours. I sometimes bring a small rectangle ice pack for the top. I bag in lanisoh bags, labeled and all. They go in ang fill all the room. I freeze once home to r

• Options
    I only have one pump, but in your case, it sounds like it makes sense to bring both. I have not had to pump and dump, fortunately. I bring plenty of ice packs and an extra cooler bag to store bags of milk.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"