Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

28 month old only wanting daddy help

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and have a 28 month old DD. Overall this pregnancy has been a bit rough and in general I feel irritable all.the.time. It also doesn't help that work is crazy and we are in the process of selling and buying homes.

DD has always been a daddy's girl but it has been getting progressively worse the past few weeks. She pretty much wants nothing to do with me and it has gotten to the point she tells me to go away or hits me. I know that part of this is to be expected as she is dealing with so many changes and part of it is her picking up the tension from me. I have been making a huge effort to spend one on one time and have patience.

I am really upset over this, probably due to pregnancy hormones. I knew this would be a stage after the baby came but not before.

Anyone else experience this? Any tips?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 6/29/12 - M/C 7/23/12. BFP#3 10/26/2012 - EDD 7/09/2012 - U/S 11/20 with HB of 156, U/S 11/27 with HB 180!

Re: 28 month old only wanting daddy help

• Options
    DD is also 28 mos and going through a daddy phase. It started in the middle of my pregnancy. I think they can sense the upcoming lack of mommy time and switch to daddy. You won't mind it at all once you're busy taking care of a baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just had LO#2 & still going thru this.  Unfortunately read that it's b/c they know that they can't get what they want from you so they are rejecting you.  My advice is try really hard to be playful with them, either now or after baby comes.&
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went through the same thing when I was pregnant. I'm a stay at home mom and I felt like my daughter was getting sick of seeing me all the time and would rather be with her daddy. So I spent a day out of the house and my husband stayed home with her. I w
  • Options
    My two year old just got over a mommy phase which was also hard on our family. She only wanted me ever and it was really hard to be super pregnant and doing everything. It lasted a few weeks but now she's back to loving her daddy and wanting his help agai
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS goes through these phases all the time. He prefers DH and I for different things. If he wakes up in the middle of the night he usually wants DH. When he needs help or wants to do something in the house/wants something it will be me. I feel like todd

• Options
    DD has really made a switch from a Mommy Only phase to Primarily Daddy. I'm personally enjoying the break and actually hope it lasts until the baby comes. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"