June 2011 Moms

Getting out of car seat

Anyone else with a LO that gets out of their car seat? First time it happened, DD completely unbuckled herself and then last night, she just got one arm out of the strap.

When she's in her high chair, she's always playing with the buckles - either trying to figure out how to undo them or how to wiggle out of them. The high chair isn't as big of a deal because she has a tray to hold her in. And when she's in the high chair it's easier to notice.

However, in the car seat, she's still rear facing, so I often don't notice until we get to wherever we are going and it freaks me out. I am not sure what to do about it, any suggestions?

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

Re: Getting out of car seat

• Yikes! I can see how you'd worry what she's done (or undone!) back there while you drive!

Liv hasn't been successful but she has been trying to figure out how the buckles work wherever we go...trike buckles, high chairs, carseats..the plane buc

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've heard of people zipping up their LO's jackets over the car seat straps. I'm assuming this only works if the child can't unzip the jacket and the jacket is loose enough for this. Also, I'm not sure what you would do in the summer.
  • Loading the player...
  • That is scary!!  Maybe some of this stuff would help. I have ordered from this place before- great customer service. They have several different items to help with car seat escapers!!

<a href="https://www.mypreciouskid.com/seat-belt-cover-ang

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagelb+mn:
    I've heard of people zipping up their LO's jackets over the car seat straps. I'm assuming this only works if the child
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are the straps tight enough and the chest strap in the right place (where her armpits are?) 

You can join a fb group called 'carseats for the littles'. They have many car seat techs on the board that can help you navigate possible solutions.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for the advice! Sounds like some good ideas that I will be trying! And if nothing else, I just might need to use the zip ties Stick out tongue
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Make sure the chest buckle is up higher.  My parents bought a car seat and my son was getting out of it like crazy.  I figured out if they moved the buckle up he couldn't get his hands in the right spot to get the leverage to push the buttons.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • I might look into a new seat.  I know on the MyRide I can barely open the bottom part so I know Audrey wouldn't be able to do it for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"