Working Moms

Daycare / Pacifier question

Our DS is 11 months old and we give him a paci for his naps and nighttime sleep and works great.  However daycare doesn't want to give him one and they asked we stop so it is easier for him to take naps there (he sometimes takes a 1 hour nap or only 30 minutes).  We have tried and I am sure if I went through the crying it would be fine but working full time is stressful already.  If using a pacifier makes it easier for us I don't see the harm, but should I be cutting it out because DC said to? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare / Pacifier question

• Any pedi will tell you to nix the paci by 1 yo. It's a bad habit, not good for their teeth and can lead to increased illnesses bc of germs.  Yes, it's a good idea to wean the paci...eventually. Start with DC and have them break the day habit. When

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with DC. You should start to wean him off it.
    ~Drew '13~Camden '12~Mihaila '10~Aaliyah '09~Noah '07~

• Loading the player...
  • I stopped sending in a binki to day care around 9 months. I still let LO have one at night in her crib. 
  • imageMamaKoria:
    I agree with DC. You should start to wean him off it.

DS was never a paci baby, but our
  • Our DC did what we did at home.  We just got rid of DD's paci 2 days ago...she's 27 months.  We told DC we were finally taking it away, and took the ones they had there. 

I would be more upset that they are pushing things on you..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsseguin:
    Our DC did what we did at home.nbsp; We just got rid of DD's paci 2 days ago...she's 27 months.nbsp; We told DC we were
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsseguin:

Our DC did what we did at home.  We just got rid of DD's paci 2 days ago...she's 27 months.  We told DC w

• I don't think it's daycare's decision to make. My DC has a rule once they're in the toddler room they can only have it at nap. I think that's reasonable. Since they're mobile the paci's get lost and exchanged. Once my kids turned one I limited paci to sle
  • My 2 pedis and ENT said by age 3 it should be gone.  They all 3 stated it was no big deal for my kid to still have it at night and to lay off, as 2 is still a baby and he still needs to suck for comfort.  I figured they'd all tell m

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD stopped using hers at daycare around 10 months. She couldn't move to the toddler until she could nap without it. We still used it at home for nighttime until she was almost 2. I agree to get rid it ASAP.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • kmplskmpls member
    My kids never used them but I have friends that did. Break it as soon as you can. It just gets harder.
  • imageLoCarb:

Any pedi will tell you to nix the paci by 1 yo. It's a bad habit, not good for their teeth and can le

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • ras26ras26 member
    imageLoCarb:

Any pedi will tell you to nix the paci by 1 yo. It's a bad habit, not good for their teeth and can lead to incr

IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Our DC allowed the paci for naps up until 1 year old, but only for naps.

For what it's worth, if anyone has a kid with a paci "addiction", I was told that if a child only uses the paci for naps/bedtime, it's not the end of the world and they wi

• We looked at a montessori school that took little babies (starting at 2 months) for DS when he was really young. They did not allow pacis (or sippy cups). They said they interferred with the children's communication. I think that is a montessori "

\image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"